This post is also available in: Français
The “Japan Africa Dream Scholarship” (JADS) Scholarships Program is a project that was launched in 2017 with the aim of awarding two-year scholarships to high-performing graduate African students to enable them to follow master’s studies.
The main fields of study of the scholarship include energy, agriculture, health, environmental sustainability, and engineering. Upon completion of their studies, JADS fellows are expected to return to their home country to contribute to national and continental socio-economic development.
The JADS program in brief
DEADLINE : August 31, 2021.
LEVEL : Master.
FINANCING : Complete.
TARGET GROUP : Specific countries.
Eligibility for the JADS Fellowship Program
The JADS program is open to applicants from member countries of the African Development Bank with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting the development efforts of their countries who are applying for a master’s program in energy development or a related discipline in the field of energy development. ” one of the eligible universities (see below).
The list of eligible countries includes:
- Regional member countries : Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, São Tomé and Príncipe, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Non-regional member countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Country -Lower, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, United Arab Emirates.
Benefits of JADS scholarships
The scholarship program offers :
- Tuition fees,
- A monthly living allowance,
- A return plane ticket,
- Health insurance
- A travel allowance.
- A special grant may be available for research and thesis preparation.
- Computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered by the scholarship.
List of eligible universities and programs
The list of eligible African and Japanese universities can be found at this link . You can find on the same link a list of eligible master’s programs.
- Candidate requests information and application forms and procedures from the chosen JADS partner university. For any inquiries, please contact [email protected]
- The candidate fills in the required documents and sends them to the university.
- The university assesses and selects applicants.
- The university sends the selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews university submissions, prepares and approves the final list.
- The AfDB contacts the selected laureates and informs the universities.
Only applicants who will / have been admitted and approved by the university will be considered for the JADS program.
The deadline for submitting applications is August 31, 2021.