This post is also available in: Français
The University Alvernia offers a limited number of international scholarships to qualified students seeking a degree. Interested students must complete a separate scholarship application in addition to an admission application.
These scholarships are available to both first-year international students and those transferring from another college or university located outside the United States.
LEVEL : Undergraduate.
DEADLINE : May 1, 2021.
FINANCING : Partial.
DOMAIN : Domains available at the university.
TARGET AUDIENCE : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : United States of America (USA)
INSTITUTION : University of Alvernia.
Benefits of University Alvernia Scholarships
Alvernia scholarships available to qualified international applicants include:
- The International Honor Scholarship : is $22,000 per year for the top performing student who completes previous studies with recognized achievement.
- The Global Ambassadors Scholarship awards $15,000 per year to qualified international students who exhibit leadership potential and desire to serve as a cultural ambassador to the United States.
- The International Envoy Scholarship offers $10,000 per year for successful students.
- The Catholic Scholarship awards $1,000 to full-time freshman students graduating from a Catholic high school. It can be combined with other scholarships as well as integrated into financial aid programs and will be automatically applied to eligible student applications.
These merit scholarships are renewable for four years (up to eight semesters), all for the same amount.
The University Alvernia offers scholarships for first year international students:
- Wishing to pursue an undergraduate degree as a traditional day student at the main Reading campus.
- Have achieved an overall cumulative average (GPA) of at least 3.0 by the scholarship application deadline of May 1.
- Have an English proficiency level of:
- TOEFL: 550 or higher for the paper test, 190-213 for the computer test, or 75-80 for the Internet test.
- IELTS: 5.5 or higher.
- DUOLINGO: 85 or more.
Submit your application
The application is an online form. All students who wish to participate in this scholarship must: (1) Complete and submit an application form for a bachelor’s degree program at the University Alvernia and (2) complete and submit the scholarship application form.
The selection process will start after the scholarship application deadline of May 1, 2021. The University Alvernia notifies applicants of the result at the end of the process. To continue to receive your scholarship during your studies, you must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
International students with questions should contact the Alvernia International Admissions Office by email at [email protected]