- 20 September 2023.
Application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada are now open for the 2023-2025 academic years.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute towards Canada’s economic and social growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their leadership potential, and position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
Before applying, candidates to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must seek endorsement from one of the eligible host institution (see below).
About the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
DEADLINE :20 September 2023.
LEVEL : Postdoctoral.
OPEN TO : Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens.
FINANCING : $70,000 (taxable) per year and during two years.
HOST COUNTRY : Canada.
HOST UNIVERSITY : Specific (see below).
Benefits and deductions of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year and during two years. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Only research in the fields of health, natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, and humanities are eligible.
- Fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree before the start date of their award.
- Applicants can submit only one application per competition year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
Eligible host institution
Seventy fellowships are awarded annually and are distributed equally among:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
How to apply for the Banting Fellowships?
For successful application, follow these steps :
- Confirm that you meet the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s eligibility criteria.
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor.
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) account, ResearchNet account, and complete the Equity and Diversity Questionnaire.
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application.
- Start a ResearchNet application.
- Identify the area of research, participants, and referees.
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents.
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards, consent and submit application.
For a detailed application procedure, please refer to this link: https://banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca/en/app-dem_guide.html
Applicants must seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application before 21 September 2022.
For any question about the program, please contact [email protected].
You might also like :