This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) scholarship in China are still open for the 2021-2022 academic year. The deadline for online applications is April 15, 2021.
The BIT scholarship is open to all citizens all over the world to obtain a master’s degree or a doctorate. The Beijing Institute of Technology scholarships are fully funded.
The program in a nutshell
LEVEL: Master, Doctorate.
DEADLINE: April 15, 2021.
TARGET GROUP: All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY: China.
HOST ESTABLISHMENT: Beijing Institute of Technology.
Benefits of Beijing Institute of Technology scholarships
- Exemption from registration and tuition fees,
- Accommodation on or off campus depends on availability,
- Comprehensive insurance and medical protection plan
- Monthly allowance:
- Master’s candidates: 3000 CNY (485 USD);
- Doctoral candidates: CNY 3,500 (USD 565);
To be eligible for Beijing Institute of Technology scholarships, applicants must be:
- Healthy non-Chinese citizens,
- Not enrolled in Chinese universities at time of application,
- Not applying for language programs,
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must be under the age of 35 and hold an undergraduate degree,
- Applicants for doctoral programs must be under the age of 40 and hold a master’s degree.
Programs available at the Beijing Institute of Technology
Beijing Institute of Technology offers master’s degrees in 144 majors and doctorates in 62 majors. The duration of the Master is 2 to 3 years while the duration of the doctorate is 3 to 4 years. Currently, more than 2,500 international students in BIT.
The participating establishments in this program are:
- School of Aerospace Engineering
- School of Mechatronics Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Optics and Photonics
- School of Information and Electronics
- School of Automation
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- School of Cyberspace Sciences and Technologies
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Physics
- School of Management and Economics
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Marxism
- Law school
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Art and Design
- School of International Education
- Institute for Advanced Research in Multidisciplinary Sciences
- Institute of Advanced Structural Technology
- Institute of Engineering Medicine
Step 1. CSC online registration (deadline April 15, 2021)
Create an account on http://www.campuschina.org/ and choose the type of program B. The agent number is 10007. Download the application form after registration.
Step 2. Online registration at the ILO (deadline 15 April 2021)
Create an account on http://isc.bit.edu.cn/, download the following documents and submit your application to get your BIT application number.
List of documents needed (must be in PDF format):
- CSC application form;
- Notarized highest diploma certificate (Chinese / English version) for graduates / Tuition certificate for enrolled students;
- Notarized transcripts of the highest degree;
- The Adviser Recommendation Form (you can download a blank piece of paper at the initial application stage);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal statement indicating your academic background and preferred area of research with a minimum of 1000 words;
- Two letters of recommendation from home university professors or associate professors, with their contact details. For MBA applicants, the work experience / internship certificate is also a must ;
- First page of valid passport; Residence permit for students in China;
- Foreign national physical examination file available at: https://isc.bit.edu. cn / docs / 20171129065654650029.pdf
- TOEFL / IELTS transcript for programs taught in English. The minimum score is 80 for the TOEFL and 5.5 for the IELTS. HSK 5 (Chinese Proficiency Test) certificate for programs taught in Chinese.
- Other supporting documents, such as publications, awards, certificate of employment / internship, etc.
For any questions, contact: [email protected]