CERN Summer Student Program 2023 | Fully Funded
This post is also available in: Français
The CERN Summer Student Program 2023 is now open for applications. This Year the program will be held physically in Switzerland.
If you are currently studying for a Bachelor or Master‘s degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and you are looking for a training period during the European summer (June – September), then this could be your life-time opportunity.
The CERN summer program is one of the most anticipated and exciting summer schools in the world. No IELTS/TOEFL, no application fee, no work experience is required to apply for this program.
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is a European research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. It is one of the largest and most respected centers for scientific research.
About CERN Summer Student Program
LEVEL: Summer School.
DEADLINE: January 30, 2023.
DURATION: 3 months.
FINANCING: Fully Funded.
OPEN TO: CERN Member and Associate Member States.
HOST COUNTRY: Switzerland.
CERN program’s Financial Coverage
CERN Summer Student Program in Switzerland is a fully funded summer Exchange Program. It will cover all of your expenses:
- A contract of association of 8 to 13 weeks.
- Extensive physics lecture program.
- An allowance of 90 CHF per day (net of tax) to cover accommodation and meals in the Geneva area.
- A travel allowance to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your original residence.
- Health Insurance.
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
Duration of the CERN Summer Student Program
Over a period of 8 to 13 weeks, you will work on an advanced technical project in an experimental or engineering team.
During this time, you can attend a series of lectures specially prepared for you. Experts and scientists from around the world will share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing.
Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Program.
To qualify for a place on the program, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2023, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- If you expect to graduate during European summer 2023 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status for more than 3 months, and you have not been previously a Summer Student at CERN.
- You have good knowledge of English. Knowledge of French would be an advantage. IELTS (for English) or TCF (for French) are not required to apply.
How to apply for CERN Summer Student Program?
To apply for CERN Summer Student program, follow these steps:
- Complete the Application Form.
- Upload the required documents.
During application, you will need the following documents, clearly labelled (e.g., “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format :
- A CV.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript, giving an overview of your marks.
- Two mandatory reference letters (dated less than 12 months), from your lecturers and/or previous internships.
The deadline for CERN Summer Student Program 2023 applications is Monday 30th January 2023.
ETH Zurich ESOP Scholarships Program
Eiffel Scholarships Program for International Students, 2023
Hurry up ! These scholarships are open for applications
Apply Official announcement Official website Follow us on Facebook
can a student who completed bachelors can apply? i have completed my bachelors in physics 2019 and I was doing internhips