The Chinese Government Scholarships-Chinese University Program, a full scholarship set up by China’s Ministry of Education in 2008, is aimed at promoting Chinese higher education brand on an international basis. Xiamen University is one of the prestigious universities designated to recruit international students to study in postgraduate degree programs under this scholarship scheme.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the respective programs they are applying for.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2021):
- Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants who apply for Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) or programs of foreign language studies are not eligible.
XMU Master’s Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
Duration of Scholarships
- Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral programs: 4 years.
Pending approval from China’s Ministry of Education.
- Tuition fee;
- On-campus accommodation fee oroff-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month for master’s programs; RMB 1,000/month for doctoral programs);
- Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month for master’s programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Note: Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, security deposit and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
February 1 to April 15, 2021.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application Guide to Master’s Programs for 2021:
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2021:
- Applicants shall complete online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of XMU: 10384) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants shall complete another online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in early August.
Add.: XMU’s Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
E-mail: [email protected]