This post is also available in: Français
The Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia and the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs have announced the opening of applications for Croatian Government scholarships for undergraduate and graduate studies at young Christians in developing countries.
Fellows are expected to contribute to the development of their communities and to building capacity and resilience at the local level through their knowledge acquired in Croatia upon their return.
The Croatian scholarships program at a glance
LEVEL : Bachelor, Master.
DEADLINE : May 17, 2021.
FINANCING : Full (travel, accommodation, allowance …)
FIELD : All fields taught in Croatia.
TARGET GROUP : Africa, Middle East and Asia
HOST COUNTRY : Croatia.
- Undergraduate university studies: generally last three to four years.
- Graduate studies: generally last one to two years.
What Croatian Scholarships Cover
For a full cycle of undergraduate (BA 3-4 years) or graduate studies (MA 1-2 years), the scholarship awarded includes:
- Travel expenses to Croatia and return to the country of origin (once per academic year),
- Visa application fee (whenever necessary),
- A monthly allowance of 1,600 HRK (253 USD),
- Basic health insurance,
- The costs of a one-year preparatory course in the Croatian language.
Selected applicants will receive a full academic year of Croatian language preparation courses.
Eligibility for Croatian scholarships
For the 2021/2022 academic year, the scholarship is reserved for citizens of developing countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Host institutions and study programs available
Information on Croatian higher education institutions and programs can be obtained at http://www.studyincroatia.hr/.
The full list of Croatian accredited academic institutions is available at this link .
Applicants must submit a:
- Report / cover letter with a minimum of 250 words concerning the first choice of studies,
- A medical certificate,
- Curriculum Vitae (at Europass format),
- A scan of high school or university diplomas,
- Report cards for the two previous academic years,
- Letter of recommendation from the local parish or church community.
Applicants must submit their application before May 17, 2021. The results of the selection will be communicated in June 2021.
Applicants will not be charged any fees of any kind during the entire application process.
For any questions, please contact the Croatian Ministry of Science and Education : [email protected] .hr ; [email protected], or the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs : [email protected], [email protected]