77 Fully funded Fellowships at the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
- DEADLINE: June 5, 2023 (Pisa campus), August 24, 2023 (Florence campus).
This post is also available in: Français
International students can now apply for the doctoral scholarship program of the Normal Superior School of Pisa, Italy. Various doctoral positions have been announced for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Positions are open to international students in the fields of ancient languages and literatures, Italian language and literature, philosophy and logic, history, art history, archeology, fundamental and applied mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, sociology, political science and IT. Selection is based on the academic assessment of applicants and on interviews.
The Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (SNS) is an Italian public higher education institution with two campuses in Pisa and Florence. She has given Italy three Nobel Prizes and several President’s of the Republic Prizes.
Its students come from a very selective competition. The university ranks second among Italian universities according to the «Times Higher Education 2022».
About the Scuola Normale Superiore scholarships
DEADLINE: June 5, 2023 (Pisa campus), August 24, 2023 (Florence campus).
LEVEL : PhD.
FUNDING : Fully funded.
TARGET GROUP : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : Italy.
Scuola Normale Superiore scholarships advanatges
All students admitted to a doctoral program receive a scholarship, including accommodation. Students are also entitled to free meals on school premises.
Payment of registration fees is not required, and the regional tax for the right to study is refunded to students (60 euros per year). All students are entitled to additional funding for their research activities, even if they are carried out abroad.
Applicants will be entitled to a reimbursement of the return air ticket up to a maximum of 1000 euros.
The following candidates, regardless of their nationality, can apply:
- Those who obtained a master’s degree in Italy or an equivalent diploma abroad before October 31, 2023.
- Those born after October 31, 1191.
- Have no previous criminal charges resulting in a jail term of more than three years.
- Have not been subject to the disciplinary exclusion order at his home institution.
- Do not hold a research doctorate issued by an Italian university.
- Have never received a scholarship to follow a doctoral research course in Italy;
Admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English.
Eligible fields and number of scholarships
The Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa scholarships are open to studies in the fields below:
- Philosophy: 5 scholarships.
- Italian Studies and Modern Philology: 5 scholarships.
- Classics: 5 purses.
- Art history: 5 grants.
- History: 7 scholarships.
- Physics: 6 scholarships.
- Mathematics: 6 scholarships.
- Calculation methods and mathematical models for science and finance: 7 scholarships.
- Methods and models for molecular sciences: 4 grants.
- Nanosciences: 7 grants.
- Neurosciences: 5 scholarships.
- Political science and sociology: 11 scholarships.
- Transnational governance: 4 scholarships.
How to apply?
The application for the SNS fellowships must be registered online via the electronic procedure dedicated to the call on the SNS website at https://www.sns.it/en/phd-admission-competition.
In the electronic application, applicants must indicate the course—or courses for which they intend to apply.
You must attach the following documents in PDF format to the application:
- A copy of the passport.
- A curriculum vitae written in the format Europass-CV.
- A copy of the diploma.
- The master’s thesis.
- A copy of any publication.
- The research project including an abstract.
Submission of applications :
- Faculty of Human Sciences: 5 June 2023.
- Faculty of Sciences and Political and Social Sciences: August 24, 2023 (fall semester).
- Faculty of Human Sciences : from June 26, 2023, to July 14, 2023.
- Faculty of Sciences and Political and Social Sciences : from September 13 to 28, 2023 (fall session).
For more details on the Pisa Normal School doctoral scholarships, please contact : [email protected].
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram et Twitter for more opportunities.