- DEADLINE : January 10, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the French government’s Eiffel scholarships program are now open for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Eiffel scholarships program was created by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to enroll in their master’s or doctoral programs.
The program covers the student’s all expenses.
About the Eiffel scholarships
DEADLINE : January 10, 2023.
LEVEL : Master (M1 et M2), Engineering, PhD.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
HOST COUNTRY : France
OPEN TO : Worldwide.
Benefits of the Eiffel Scholarships
Eiffel’s scholars receive:
- The label “Boursiers du Gouvernement” (Government Scholars) and are therefore exempt from paying tuition fees.
- A monthly allowance of €1,181 for the master’s level, or €1,400 for the doctoral level.
In addition, Eiffel scholarships offer various other benefits:
- Accommodation at the CROUS (France’s students affairs organization), or a housing allowance if the candidate prefers to live in private accommodation (€115).
- A round trip air ticket.
- Travel costs by train to the first place of stay and then to the last place of stay to the airport.
- Reimbursement of the trip from the airport or train station to the first place of accommodation (cab or public transport…).
- French social security for non-EU citizens.
- The complementary health insurance.
- Cultural activities.
Eligibility for Eiffel Scholarships
To apply for the French government’s Eiffel Scholarships Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Excellence of the candidate: as evidenced by his or her previous academic records and, for the doctorate, the innovative nature of his or her research topic.
Nationality: This program is reserved for candidates of foreign nationality. Candidates with dual nationality, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
Age: for the Master’s program, the applicant must be 25 years old at the time of the 2022 application campaign. For the doctoral program, the candidate must be 30 years old at the time of the 2022 application campaign.
Language: the candidate’s language level must be in line with the level required by the chosen course.
Geographical location: for master’s level, the candidate studying in France is not eligible.
Fields of study
For this year, the Eiffel scholarships, master and doctorate, cover the following seven fields, including related ones
Science and Technology:
- Biology and Health.
- Ecological transition.
- Mathematics and Numerics.
- Engineering sciences.
Humanities and Social Sciences:
- History, French Language and Civilization.
- Law, Political Science.
- Economics, Management.
How to apply for an Eiffel scholarship?
To apply for the Eiffel scholarship, submit an application (master’s or doctorate) to a participating French university. If selected, your application will be sent to Campus France for a second and final selection. Campus France gathers and centralizes all local university nominations. If you are, once again, selected, you will receive the scholarship.
Applications sent directly to Campus France or transmitted by non-French institutions are ineligible.
The Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in an M2 program, for a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in an M1 program, and for a maximum of 36 months when preparing an engineering degree. For PhD studies, the Eiffel scholarships are awarded for a period of 12 months in France.
Each French university has its schedule: Opening and closure date, and application procedure. We do centralize all the French universities call for application.
For all practical questions, please write to : [email protected]
Have a look at these opportunities too: