- DEADLINE : varies (see below)
- LEVEL : Bachelor, Master
- FINANCING : varies (see below)
- OPEN TO : All countries
- HOST : Sciences Po, Paris (public)
- HOST COUNTRY : France
This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po (Institute of Political Studies of Paris), France, for the academic year 2023-2024 are now open to the international public.
Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarships, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), to welcome the best international students.
Nearly half of the students at the Bachelor’s level are international, and a significant portion of its courses are taught in English.
Sciences Po offers international double degrees with Columbia University (New York, USA), University of California Berkeley (USA), University of British Columbia (Vancouver), Freie Universität Berlin, University of Hong Kong, Keio University (Tokyo), National University of Singapore (Singapore), University College London (UK), and University of Sydney (Australia).
Emile Boutmy Scholarship in nutshell
LEVEL: Bachelor, Master
DEADLINE: February 22, 2023 (Bachelor), November 30, 2022 (Master).
FINANCING: €12,200 for Master, €13,000 for Bachelor.
OPEN TO: Worldwide except EU.
HOST COUNTRY: France.
HOST UNIVERSITY: Sciences Po.
Check out these opportunities too :
Canada Universities Scholarship Programs : The complete List
Canada Government Scholarships Programs
Scholarships to finance your studies in France, 2023-2024
Scholarships in Belgium: The complete List [Update July 2022]
University of Lausanne Master Scholarships in Switzerland
Ranking of Sciences PO
The Institute of Political Studies of Paris, commonly known as Sciences Po, is a French public institution. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 in political science, Sciences Po ranks 2nd in the world, just behind Harvard. So, this will certainly give you an idea about the competitiveness of Emile Boutmy scholarship as well as the quality of education expected at Sciences Po.
Furthermore, here are some interesting figures about Sciences Po:
- 9 out of 10 graduates who decided to enter the workforce are currently working.
- 82% found their first job less than 6 months after graduation.
- 42% found their job before they even graduated.
- 37% work outside of France.
- The average gross annual salary (excluding bonuses) is 37.5 K€.
Emile Boutmy scholarship benefits
At the Bachelor’s level, Emile Boutmy scholarships are in the form of a registration scholarship. This scholarship can take several amounts: €13,000, €8,800, €6,000 or €3,600 per year for the three years of the Bachelor;
During the year abroad (third year of the Bachelor), scholarship recipients will retain their scholarship.
In the Master’s program, the Emile Boutmy scholarship is a registration scholarship of €12,200 per year for the two years of the Master’s program.
Eligibility for Emile Boutmy scholarship
Are eligible for Emile Boutmy scholarship, students:
- Who will be considered as newcomers. (a newcomer is any foreign person from abroad who (will) arrive(s) for the first time in France)
- non-nationals of the European Economic Area and belonging to a non-European tax household,
- admitted to a degree program at the University College or Master’s level.
Not eligible for Emile Boutmy scholarships:
- Applicants with dual nationality, including one European;
- Applicants coming from Quebec at the master’s level (as they can benefit from sliding-scale fees in the same way as European students). However, newcomers at the bachelor level can apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship.
- Candidates for double degree programs at the Master level;
- Candidates for doctoral programs (thesis);
Boutmy scholarships cannot be combined with any other scholarship (Eiffel, AEFE, BGF…), except by exceptional decision of the jury.
These scholarships are awarded on criteria of excellence and in accordance with the profile sought for the program. Social criteria are also considered.
Programs of Study
- Political science,
The following specializations are available: Central and Eastern Europe, Europe and Asia, Middle East and Mediterranean, Europe & Franco-German area, Latin America, Spain and Portugal, Europe and North America.
Sciences PO offers twenty-seven masters’ degree tracks:
PUBLIC BUSINESS SCHOOL
SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Governance and Diplomacy
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- Master’s degree in judicial and legal careers
- Master of Business Law
- Master Economic Law (english track)
- Master joint Law and Finance
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND INNOVATION
- Master of Finance and Strategy
- Master in International management and sustainability
- Master’s in Human Resources Organizations and Management
- Master Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Master Marketing & Society
- Master Marketing: New Luxury & Art of Living
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries (english track)
- Master joint Law and Finance
- Master of Territorial and Urban Strategies
- Master Governing the large Metropolis
- Master Governing Ecological Transitions in European Cities
- Cycle of Urban Planning
RESEARCH SCHOOL (EX DOCTORAL SCHOOL)
The deadline for Bachelor’s degree applications for applicants from a foreign secondary school: mid-February 2022 (date to be confirmed).
The deadline for Bachelor’s degree applications for applicants from a French high school: mid-June 2022 (date to be confirmed).
The deadline for Master applications: November 30, 2021.
Application procedure for Emile Boutmy scholarship
The awarding of the scholarship is not automatic, it must be requested from within the candidate’s online application space.
You must imperatively apply to one of the Bachelor’s or Master’s programs at Sciences Po and be admitted in order to be considered for the Emile Boutmy scholarship.
You will be able to apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial Information” section of your online application. This section will only appear once you have entered your nationality in the “Personal Information” section.
So, to summarize the steps above, you must:
- File an online application for a Bachelor’s or Master’s program
- From your online application space, apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship from the tab “Financial Information”.
For any questions, you can contact Sciences Po’s Admissions Department, either by filling in the contact form, or by phone at +33 (0)1 45 49 50 82.