This post is also available in: Français
Applications to the Fulbright program to undertake a master’s or PhD degree in the United States of America are now open for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Fulbright Program is the U.S. government’s flagship international educational and cultural exchange program. The program is led by the US government in partnership with 160 countries around the world.
The Fulbright program enables graduate students, young professionals, and foreign artists to study and conduct research in the United States. Approximately 4,000 international students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
About the FULBRIGHT program
LEVEL : Master, Doctoral research.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
DEADLINE : Depending on the country.
GROUP TARGET : 160 countries.
COUNTRY HOST : United States.
Benefits of the Fukbright program
The benefits of the program include:
- Round-trip economy class plane ticket.
- University tuition fees.
- Health insurance.
- Monthly allowance.
- Allowance for study books.
- Cultural and Professional Enrichment Activities: Discover life in the United States and share your unique culture and traditions.
- Become a member of a network of alumni of world leaders.
- Pre-academic, bridging and enrichment training seminars.
- Gain knowledge and skills that contribute to your home community.
- Improve your English language skills.
The countries highlighted in blue are eligible.
This Fulbright scholarship program is aimed at graduates and professionals from a variety of social, economic, academic and professional backgrounds. A competitive candidate should have an excellent academic record, strong English skills. Preference will be given to applicants who have never studied or lived in the United States. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All Fulbright scholarship recipients must return to their home country or home country for at least two years upon completion of the program.
In addition, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (undergraduate degree) at the time of the program start date.
- Strong academic language
- Proficiency in English and / or ability to complete a long-term English program (LTE) in the United States prior to the degree program.
- Additional eligibility requirements differ depending on the country of citizenship.
Nevertheless, students cannot apply to programs with clinical requirements such as
Applications will be accepted from most fields of study, including humanities, social sciences, sciences, technology and engineering. However, master’s degree programs related to clinical studies, such as dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, are not allowed. Healthcare professionals can apply for university degrees. Areas such as public health and nursing administration are permitted.
Procedures vary considerably from country to country. Click on the “Official website” button for more country-specific details.
Below is a list of the application deadlines for some countries: