Fully Funded Internship At Okinawa Institute Of Science And Technology
This post is also available in: Français
The Okinawa Doctoral College of Science and Technology (OIST) offers fully funded research internship opportunities to talented international students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
The language of instruction at OIST is English and all services are provided in English and Japanese by bilingual staff.
Through its program, interns will work under the guidance of a professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST. Research intern places are awarded twice a year on a competitive basis. The selection is very competitive and depends on the adequacy of the planned research and the academic background. Not all available positions will necessarily be filled.
The OIST program in brief
DEADLINE : April 15, 2021.
TYPE : Research internship
FINANCING : Complete.
DURATION : 2-6 months.
OPEN : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : Japan.
INSTITUTION HOST : Okinawa Doctoral College of Science and Technology.
Benefits of OIST internship grants
OIST will provide the successful candidate with:
- A return flight from home or business to Okinawa.
- A per diem allowance of JPY 2,400 per day ($ 22)
- Accommodation during his stay at OIST,
OIST will help the candidate to:
- Obtain a visa,
- insurance procedures
- registration of residents.
With full support for daily life, trainees can fully concentrate on their research internship.
Eligibility for OIST internship grants
Applicants are considered for admission regardless of sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, medical condition , race, ethnicity, ancestry, culture, national origin, religion or marital status.
Applications from women and minorities are strongly encouraged.
Nonetheless, those eligible to apply for the OIST research internship program include excellent students in the fields of science, engineering, and medicine who are in the Last 2 years of undergraduate programs or master.
Currently, enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. Applicants’ academic background should be tailored to the desired host unit (s) at OIST.
Internship projects available
See the full list of projects and places available at this link.
Applications for the program must be made via the online form (“APPLY” button).
You will receive an automatic notification that your application has been received. (Please check your settings to make sure you can receive emails from the @ oist.jp domain.)
The results’ announcement will be published on the application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is published.
Following the final confirmation of the internship offers, all the necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns. Your cooperation is needed for the speedy completion of the logistics to start the internship, including any visa preparations and other necessary Japanese government documents.
You can complete the application all at once or in several sessions. Please complete and submit the following documents to apply for the program:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Declaration of Interest: The Declaration of Interest form is provided on the online application form.
- Transcript: Scanned copies of your current transcript and any other transcripts from your previous degree (BSc, MSc, etc.). An explanation in English is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
- Letter of recommendation: A letter of recommendation from an academic or research professional familiar with your work is required. The application system will request the letter (s) directly from your referee, using the electronic contact details you provide in the online application form.
- Passport Photo: Upload a recent photo, showing your full face in standard passport orientation.
The application periods are as follows: March 15 to April 15 for the first round and September 15 to October 15 for the second round each year. Once you have obtained / prepared all the above documents, please apply to the program via the “APPLY” button below.
APPLY [/ button] OFFICIAL SITE [/ button]