This post is also available in: Français
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, GIST, South Korea, invites talented international students and researchers to apply for its scholarship program for the academic year 2022-2023. GIST offers scholarships at the master’s and doctoral levels.
GIST is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea. It is ranked 305 in the QS Global World Rankings 2022.
GIST offers programs in electrical and computer engineering, materials science and engineering, mechanical engineering, earth sciences and environmental engineering, as well as life sciences, physics, photonics, chemistry, biomedical sciences, nanomaterials and integrated technology.
About GIST scholarships
DEADLINE : April 15, 2022.
LEVEL : Master, PhD.
TARGET GROUP : All nationalities.
FUNDING : Fully funded.
HOST COUNTRY : South Korea.
UNIVERSITY : Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
Benefits and amount of the GIST scholarships
All selected international candidates will be entitled to a scholarship covering all their expenses:
- Tuition fully covered.
- Monthly stipend: $115 per month for master’s students, $244 per month for doctoral students.
- Meal allowance: about $83 per month.
- Research assistant: $3955 per year for master, $10,136 per year for Phd.
- Health insurance.
- Reimbursement of flight expenses.
The GIST scholarships program does not impose any specific criteria. All international students accepted into a master’s or doctoral program at GIST will be awarded a scholarship.
Study programs at GIST
For a list of programs taught at GIST, please visit one of the links below:
- School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
- Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence
- School of Energy Convergence
How to apply for a GIST scholarship?
A GIST scholarship will automatically be awarded to you once you have been accepted into any program at GIST. There is no separate application for the scholarships.
To summarize, you must apply to a master’s or doctoral program at GIST. If you are accepted, you will automatically receive a scholarship.
To apply to a master’s or doctoral program at GIST follow these steps:
- Submit your application online and upload the required documents on : https://service.gist.ac.kr/admission/graduate/foreigner
- The International Admissions Coordinator will contact you when the application and all required documents are confirmed.
- Notification of the results will be sent to your email address around June 15. You are expected to respond to admission offers within 15 days of notification.
During your application, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Certified diploma and transcripts.
- Two letters of reference.
- An official report of the results of the English proficiency test.
- A copy of the passport.
The deadline to apply for the Gwangju University of Science and Technology, GIST, South Korea scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023 is April 15, 2022.