- DEADLINE : June 30, 2021
- LEVEL : Master
- FINANCING : Partial
- OPEN : Specific countries
- COUNTRY : UK
- UNIVERSITY : University of Birmingham
This post is also available in: Français
The call for applications for the University of Birmingham International Masters Scholarship is now open. In a statement released a few days ago, the University of Birmingham announced that it will be offering new major scholarships for international students, the Global Masters Scholarship, a scholarship of £ 10,000 (11,575 euros) in 2021 / 22. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is June 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (UK time / GMT + 1).
About the University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. The student body includes 22,940 undergraduates and 12,505 postgraduates, which is the fourth largest in the UK. The University of Birmingham is ranked 87th in the QS World University Rankings this year, maintaining its position in the top 100 universities in the world and placing 13th among UK universities.
Benefits of the Global Masters Scholarship of Birmingham
selected Applicants for the University of Birmingham International Scholarships will have approximately £ 10,000 GBP (11,575 euros). This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees due by each successful scholarship holder. The tuition fees without scholarship is £ 9,250. About 30 scholarships will be awarded.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2021/22 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2021 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates must also have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
As an example, the minimum equivalent grade requirement in the US, India, Nigeria and China are as follows:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are also not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
Candidates must be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the following countries: Algeria Canada China (PRC) Egypt Ghana Hong Kong (SAR of PRC) India Indonesia Kenya Malawi Mauritius Morocco Nigeria Pakistan Seychelles Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Tunisia Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe
Available master programs
All master programs are eligible for this scholarship except Birmingham Business School programs. The University offers more than 600 master programs spread over 5 colleges: College of Arts and Law, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, College of social Sciences. Find the complete list of masters here.
How to apply
Applicants interested in this scholarship must:
- First: Click on the “APPLY FOR MASTER” button. Then click on the specific program to which they wish to apply, they will be directed to an application specially designed for this program. They can then create an account with the University and submit their applications and supporting documents online.
- Second: Once you have applied for a master’s degree and obtained a positive admission decision, click on the “APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP” button to apply to the University of Birmingham scholarship program.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport or other document;
- A photocopy of the candidate’s last diploma and transcripts;
- A photocopy of the candidate’s certificate of proficiency in English;
- Any other document specifically requested by the chosen program.
Successful applicants will be officially notified by email before July 31, 2021. The scholarship, applied as a reduction in tuition fees, will be awarded upon registration in September 2021. Scholarship holders must have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham (plus any visa / travel costs associated with studying in the UK) and must also be able to afford unpaid tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
The application deadline is June 30, 2021. For more details on the University of Birmingham Scholarship, please visit the official website.