This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Government of Japan Internship Program are now being accepted. Through the Japanese Government Internship Program, you can take part in the process of creating business strategies for a Japanese company (including overseas business strategies). You will be expected to play an active role in improving the project you are involved in. The experience gained in this program will be an advantage for your future career development.
The Japanese government internship program is divided into three types: direct, visiting and distance:
- Direct participation (for foreign students in Japan): This type is for people who can do face-to-face internship in the company on a daily basis, and work there.
- Visiting: This type is mainly for foreigners. They can gain work experience in Japan while learning about the Japanese culture.
- Distance: Students can participate in the online internship without traveling to Japan.
About the Government of Japan Internship
TYPE : Internship.
DEADLINE : September 30, 2022.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
OPEN TO : OECD DAC countries.
HOST COUNTRY : Japan.
Benefits of the Government of Japan Internship
The Japanese government will provide the necessary equipment (PCs, Wi-Fi facilities, etc.) for candidates to participate in internship. In addition, the following will be provided for participants (depending on the type of internship):
- A daily allowance of JPY 3,000 / day ($22).
- Round trip airfare.
- Health insurance.
- Assistance in obtaining VISA.
Can apply, foreign nationals with sufficient skills and knowledge, currently living in one of the countries on the OECD DAC list, except the People’s Republic of China.
In addition, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Understand the purpose of this program.
- Be able to work as an intern 4 hours a day, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday at the agreed upon location
- Have language skills in Japanese and/or English (business level).
How to apply?
For those of you who want to apply for the Government of Japan internship, click on the following link and create an account: job.connectiu.com. It takes about 10 minutes to fill in all your information. After registering, please open this address: https://job.connectiu.com/job-detail/4625?&status=promotion/ and follow the instructions.
Be sure to choose your potential internship location carefully, as some companies only accept online participation.
Applicants will be asked to download the following documents:
- For students: a letter of recommendation from a university teacher.
- For graduates: Copy of diploma.
The Government of Japan internship will run from October 31, 2022 to December 9, 2022 and from November 7, 2022 to December 16, 2022.
The deadline to apply for the next session is September 30, 2022.