- DEADLINE: June 19, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
The IMT Scuola in Italy is offering 32 fully funded fellowships to talented international applicants. IMT fellowships are offered for doctoral programs in:
- Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCS) – 5 fellowships.
- Cultural Systems (SyS) – 7 fellowships.
- Economics, Analytics and Decision Sciences (EADS) – 8 fellowships.
- Systems Science (SyS) – 12 fellowships.
The IMT School for Advanced Studies is a public research institution located in Lucca, Italy. It was established in 2005, as a graduate school for advanced studies in various fields, including economics, engineering, computer science and political science. The school includes renowned researchers and scholars from around the world, and the school has partnerships with several international universities and research institutions.
About IMT fellowships
DEADLINE: June 19, 2023.
LEVEL : PhD.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
DURATION: 36 months, extendable up to 48 months.
LOCATION: Lucca (Tuscany, Italy).
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English.
START DATE: early November 2023.
Amount and advantages
Selected candidates will benefit from:
- A tuition waiver.
- A monthly allowance for a maximum period of three consecutive years, extendable to four years. The amount of the fellowship is 16,243.00 euros/year and will be paid in monthly installments.
- Housing and meals (lunch and dinner) free on campus all year round.
- Free access to campus facilities.
- Fund for research and international mobility.
- Health insurance and social security.
- Mentoring, training and career development support.
- Scientific training program, consisting of a wide range of courses and seminars taught by leading researchers.
To be qualified to apply for this fellowship, you must have (or will obtain by October 31, 2023) a Masters, Engineering, or equivalent degree in one of the below fields. No restriction on the age of the candidate. A high level of English proficiency is required.
- For SyS program: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- For CCS program : Archaeology, Art History, History, Classics, Museum Studies, Visual Studies, Philosophy, Law, Culture Management, Architecture, Architectural History, Humanities, Digital Humanities, Medicine, Psychology, Neurosciences, Cognitive Sciences, bioengineering, linguistics, biology, economics, or other related fields.
- EADS program : Economics, management, statistics, law, physics, computer science, engineering, logic and philosophy of science, mathematics, cognitive and behavioral sciences, or in other contiguous fields.
How to apply for the IMT School for Advanced Studies fellowship?
Submit your application online at this link: https://pica.cineca.it/imtlucca/imtlucca-phd-2023/.
It is possible to apply for more than one track, by submitting a new application for each track selected. The application form must be completed in English before June 19, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (THIS).
During your application, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Copy of national identity card or passport.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copy of the diploma of studies.
- Transcript of marks.
- Research project proposal.
The shortlist of candidates admitted to the interview will be published in mid-July 2023. Admission interviews will take place from July 17 to 21, 2023. Final admissions will be communicated at the end of July/beginning of August 2023. Doctoral programs will start on November 2, 2023.
For any further information, you can contact the Doctoral and Higher Education Office at [email protected] or by telephone (+39 0583 4326530).
For more opportunities in Italy, browse through this link.