32 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at IMT School for Advanced Studies
This post is also available in: Français
The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy is offering 32 fully-funded scholarships to talented candidates for its doctoral programs “Systems Science (SyS)” (10 scholarships), “Cognitive and Cultural Systems (CCS)” (14 scholarships), and “Economics, Analytics and Decision Sciences (EADS)” (8 scholarships).
The IMT School for Advanced Studies is an Italian public research institution. The acronym IMT stands for “Institutions, Markets, Technologies”, it was founded in 2005. Its main campus is located in the San Francesco complex, within the historical walls of the city of Lucca.
About IMT School for Advanced Studies Scholarships
DEADLINE: July 27, 2022, for SyS and CCS programs, June 30 for EADS program.
LEVEL : PhD.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
DURATION: 36 months, extendable up to 48 months.
LOCATION: Lucca (Tuscany, Italy).
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English.
START DATE: early November 2022.
Amount and advantages
Selected candidates will benefit from:
- A tuition waiver.
- A monthly allowance for a maximum period of three consecutive years, extendable to four years.
- Housing and meals (lunch and dinner) free on campus all year round.
- Free access to campus facilities.
- Fund for research and international mobility.
- Health insurance and social security.
- Mentoring, training and career development support.
- Scientific training program, consisting of a wide range of courses and seminars taught by leading researchers.
To be qualified to apply for the IMT School for Advanced Studies scholarships, you must have (or obtain before October 31, 2022) a Master’s degree or equivalent in one of the following domain :
- For SyS program: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field.
- For CCS program : Archaeology, Art History, History, Classics, Museum Studies, Visual Studies, Philosophy, Law, Culture Management, Architecture, Architectural History, Humanities, Digital Humanities, Medicine, Psychology, Neurosciences, Cognitive Sciences, bioengineering, linguistics, biology, economics, or other related fields.
- EADS program : Economics, management, statistics, law, physics, computer science, engineering, logic and philosophy of science, mathematics, cognitive and behavioral sciences, or in other contiguous fields.
No restriction on the age of the candidate.
A high level of English proficiency is required.
Available tracks and specialization
The SyS PhD program at IMT School for Advanced Studies includes four specialization tracks: Computational Mechanics, Complex Systems and Networks, Learning and Control, and Software Quality.
The CCS program is articulated in three specialization paths: Analysis and management of cultural heritage (AMCH), Museum Studies (MUSST) and Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN).
There is no specialization for the EADS program.
How to apply for the IMT School for Advanced Studies scholarships?
Submit your application through the online application system.
You must register and then provide the requested data and documents. You can complete your application in several sessions.
There are no application fees.
Students who will obtain their Master’s degree before October 31, 2022, are also invited to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is July 27, 2022, at noon (CEST time).
For any further information, you can contact the Doctoral and Higher Education Office at [email protected] or by telephone (+39 0583 4326530).
For more opportunities in Italy, browse through this link.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more opportunities.
Politecnico di Torino Scholarships Program for International Students
World Bank Group Young Professionals Program
Politecnico di Milano Scholarships for International Students
l finished 12 grade and now my dream is I am learn in Italy