This post is also available in: Français
The Japan- WCO human resources development scholarships are now open.
The Japan-WCO scholarships program provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other expenses to enable young customs officials promising from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake master’s level studies at the university Aoyama Gakuin in Tokyo, Japan.
The World Customs Organization (WCO) is an intergovernmental organization, with its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. With its members spread all over the world, the WCO is considered to be the voice of the international Customs community.
Eligibility for Japan-WCO Scholarships
To be eligible for the Japan-WCO Scholarship Program, applicants must:
- Be a national of a developing country member of the WCO ( see this list)
- Hold an undergraduate degree,
- Be a customs official of a developing member of the WCO
- A quality professional experience of at least two years.
- Be in good health and preferably under the age of 40 as of April 1, 2024.
- Fluency in English
- Have a connected PC in which the candidate can run Zoom for an interview.
Benefits of Japan-WCO Scholarships
Successful applicants will have the following benefits:
- Exemption from admission and tuition fees,
- A monthly allowance of 147,000 yen ($1,324).,
- Round-trip economy class airfare between your home country and Japan.
- And other expenses.
The amount of the scholarship cannot be increased to cover family members. The amount of the allowance is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese government.
Eligible master’s program
A master’s degree in business administration, specializing in strategic management and intellectual property rights, will be awarded at the end of the program.
To apply, the candidate must complete, sign and submit a document entitled Scholar Guidelines to the WCO.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- First, you will need to create a login account to proceed with your request. To create a login account, complete and submit this online registration form with the information necessary.
- After submitting the online registration form, your username and password will be emailed to you.
- Please go to the SMIPRP website and click the “Login ”. Then you need to enter the username and password provided on the login page to proceed to the next step to download and complete the designated Form 1-5 and Application Checklist.
- Submit all required documents by September 1, 2021 (Japanese Standard Time).
If the candidate’s performance falls below a certain critical level, the program officials may terminate the granting of the scholarship. In the event of such an event, fellows may also not receive a round-trip airfare.
The online application deadline is August 15, 2023.
The deadline for sending documents by post is September 1, 2023.
The online interviews will take place from 3 to 13 October 2023.