Joint Scholarships Program of The Islamic Development Bank and Turkey
This post is also available in: Français
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) and Turkey have just launched the call for applications for the bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate scholarship program for the academic year 2021-2022.
The jointly funded program is awarded to successful applicants to study at top universities in Turkey, starting in September 2021.
The IsDB-Turkey program in brief
LEVEL : License, Master, Doctorate.
DEADLINE : March 15 to April 15, 2021.
FINANCING : Complete.
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES : Specific (see list below).
HOST COUNTRY: Turkey.
Benefits of IsDB-Turkey scholarships
The program covers the following:
- Monthly allowance proportional to the level of study program:
- License: $247,
- Master: $289,
- Doctorate: $357.
- Accommodation and equipment allowance.
- Tuition fees.
- Health insurance.
- Round-trip plane tickets (once upon enrollment and upon graduation).
- Placement in a university.
- Turkish language course (1 year).
- Thesis preparation allowance (for master’s and doctorate).
- Compensation for the preparation of scientific articles (for doctorate only).
Eligibility for IsDB-Turkey Fellowship Program
The program is open to academically deserving students who are keen to engage in social services and community development after graduation. The candidate wishing to participate in this program, must be:
- Citizen of one of the IsDB member countries (in this case, the candidate can have any religion, or not either) or belonging to a Muslim community in a non-member country (in this case, the candidate must be a Muslim.). Member countries are listed below.
- Have obtained a high school diploma (undergraduate candidate), or a bachelor’s degree (master’s candidate), or a master’s degree (for doctoral candidates).
- In the event that the candidate chooses a program taught in English, he must provide proof of his fluency in the English language. For programs taught in Turkish, no document is required since the candidate will be taking a Turkish course. Applicants should verify the language of instruction when selecting the program in the application system.
- Must be medically fit and willing to undergo medical testing after selection.
The IsDB member countries are:
Africa : Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda.
Europe : Albania.
Asia : Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen.
Fields of study available
The eligible candidate must apply to pursue undergraduate, master’s or doctoral studies in one of the fields of study indicated below:
- Medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, medical laboratories, microbiology, public health, nutrition, health service management, bio-medicine, medical technology, veterinary, chemistry, biology, biotechnology and related fields.
- Engineering: civil, mechanical, chemical, electrical, topography, town planning,
- Agriculture and forestry,
- Industrial technologies,
- Physics, geology and related fields,
- Computing, information technology, telecommunications and electronics and related fields,
- Natural resources, marine sciences,
- Law, media and journalism, political science, entrepreneurship and commerce and commerce,
- Statistics, demographic econometrics and social studies,
- Education, psychology and learning, educational policy and international development.
- Climate change.
Procedure for submitting an application
Eligible applicants must apply for the program through the Türkiye scholarship website .
For more details, please contact: [email protected]
|March 15, 2021||The scholarship portal opens to applications|
|April 15, 2021||Deadline for applications|
|April-May 2021||Review requests|
|June-July 2021||Interviews for shortlisted candidates|
|August 2021||Announcement of results|
|September 2021||Welcoming students (visa and travel to Turkey)|
APPLY [/ button] OFFICIAL SITE [/ button] </ p >