This post is also available in: Français
Applications are now being accepted for the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) International Scholarship Program. The KAIST fully funded scholarship is offered to support talented international students who wish to pursue their master’s or doctoral studies. The KAIST scholarship program seeks to attract bright international students capable of contributing to its research activities. A wide range of study programs are offered at KAIST.
KAIST is Korea’s first and best public science and technology university. Its graduates are key players in Korean innovations. As a world-class research-oriented university, most courses at KAIST are taught in English. International students do not need to take Korean language courses to graduate.
The Institute offers courses in multiple disciplines, through its five colleges: College of Business, College of Natural Sciences, College of Life Sciences and Bioengineering, College of Engineering, and College of Liberal Arts and convergence science.
ABOUT KAIST SCHOLARSHIP
LEVEL: Master et PhD.
DEADLINE: September 15, 2022.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
OPEN TO : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : South Korea.
KAIST SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS
The KAIST International Scholarship for foreign students offers the following benefits:
- Tuition fee waiver for 4 semesters (Master) / 10 semesters (integrated Master-PhD) / 8 semesters (PhD).
- Monthly allowance: KRW 350,000 per month (Master) or KRW 400,000 per month (Doctorate). The amount of the allowance may increase depending on participation in a research project.
- Health Insurance.
To apply for the KAIST scholarship, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- For a master’s program, hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree before enrolling in KAIST.
- For the doctoral program, hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrolling in KAIST.
- Have a nationality other than Korean.
- Meet language requirements (applicants from non-English-speaking countries).
To maintain the KAIST scholarship, selected applicants must maintain a GPA above 2.0 out of 4.3 during their studies.
HOW TO APPLY TO KAIST SCHOLARSHIP?
All applications for a master’s or doctoral study program at KAIST are automatically considered for the scholarship. Simply check “KAIST scholarship” in the “Financial resource status” section when applying for admission.
To apply for a study program at KAIST, submit your application via this link or click the “Apply” button below.
For the spring semester 2023, applications are accepted until September 15, 2022. You can consult the list of courses offered by KAIST on this link.
The offer of admission or the diploma or scholarship may be revoked if the applicant is found to have made misleading, incomplete or inaccurate statements or submitted false documents in connection with his application.
Admissions to KAIST as well as the scholarship takes place as follows:
- Deadline for submitting online applications: September 15, 2022.
- Submission of documents: September 26, 2022.
- Announcement of final decisions: December 16, 2022.
- Start of the spring semester: February 27, 2023.
READ ALSO :