This post is also available in: Français
Khalifa University, UAE, is now accepting applications for its prestigious master’s and PhD scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025.
Khalifa University (KU) stands out through its commitment to academic excellence. It comprises three colleges, three research institutes, 18 research centers, and 17 departments. These institutions encompass a diverse spectrum of disciplines in science, engineering, and medicine.
Furthermore, KU has forged enduring strategic partnerships. It currently maintains close ties with over 40 organizations, both national and international. Among these partners are industry-leading companies and world-renowned universities. This global connectivity provides students with a unique opportunity to access an extensive network and engage in international collaborative projects.
Khalifa University is ranked 230th in the world according to the QS 2024 ranking.
About Khalifa University Scholarships
STUDY LEVEL : Master, PhD.
DEADLINE :November 5th, 2023.
OPEN TO: All nationalities are eligible.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
HOST COUNTRY : The United Arab Emirates.
UNIVERSITY : Khalifa University.
Benefits of Khalifa University Scholarships
Khalifa University of Science and Technology offers a diverse range of scholarships to support international students wishing to enroll in a Master’s or Doctoral program:
Khalifa University offers three categories of scholarships based on academic merit and other relevant factors :
- Tier 1 and 2 scholarships cover full tuition fees, provide textbooks, offer medical insurance for full-time international students, cover flight expenses, and visa fees.
- Tier 3 scholarships cover half of the tuition fees, provide textbooks, offer medical insurance for full-time international students sponsored by Khalifa University, cover flight expenses, and visa fees.
- Category 4 scholarships provide textbooks, medical insurance for full-time international students sponsored by Khalifa University, cover flight expenses, and visa fees.
Khalifa University offers two scholarship tracks for doctoral students: a research track with a work commitment and a study track without a work commitment :
- PhD with Work Commitment: All scholarship tiers will have access to textbooks, medical insurance, and coverage of flight expenses and visa fees. Furthermore, each tier will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Tier 1 : full coverage of tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $5,445, an additional monthly allowance of $5,445 (subject to approval), and support to attend international conferences.
- Tier 2 : Full coverage of tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $5,445, an additional monthly allowance of $2,722 (subject to approval), and support to attend international conferences.
- Tier 3 : 75% reduction in tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $5,445, and support to attend international conferences.
- Tier 4 :50% reduction in tuition fees and free university accommodation.
- PhD without Work Commitment:All scholarship categories will have access to university accommodation, textbooks, medical insurance, coverage of flight expenses, and visa fees. Additionally, each category will be entitled to the following benefits
- Tier 1 : Full coverage of tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $1,089, and support to attend international conferences.
- Tier 2 : A 75% reduction in tuition fees, a monthly stipend of $544, and support to attend international conferences.
- Tier 3 : A 50% reduction in tuition fees.
- Tier 4 : A 25% reduction in tuition fees.
All students are reassessed annually for scholarship eligibility.
Candidates seeking admission to a master’s or doctoral program at Khalifa University must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree for master’s candidates or a master’s degree for PhDcandidates.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 for master’s candidates and 3.25 for doctoral candidates (equivalent to an upper second-class honor in the French system).
- English proficiency certificate (iBT TOEFL 91, IELTS 6.5, EmSAT English 1550).
- A minimum GRE quantitative score of 150.
Further details on the criteria can be found at this link (Master’s and Doctoral).
Khalifa University’s Degree Catalog
The Khalifa University Degree Catalog is a comprehensive guide to master’s and doctoral programs. It provides details regarding course offerings, faculty listings, policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements. To access the catalog, please visit this link or download it in PDF format (384 pages).
How to Apply for Khalifa University Scholarships?
Khalifa University does not require a separate scholarship application. All applicants applying for a Master’s or PhD program will be automatically considered for the scholarship. Applicants are evaluated and categorized into a specific scholarship tier based on academic merit and other relevant factors.
To apply for these scholarships in the UAE, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Program Catalog.
- Carefully review the requirements of the chosen program.
- Create an account on the online admissions portal.
- Complete the admission form.
- Provide the following documents:
- Copy of undergraduate or master’s degree certificate.
- Official transcripts.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Passport-sized identity photo on a white background.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Personal statement (handwritten admission essay).
- Statement of purpose.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Research statement (500 to 1000 words – doctoral candidates only).
The application deadline for Master’s and Doctoral programs at Khalifa University in the United Arab Emirates is November 5, 2023.