KTH Sweden Master Scholarships Program
This post is also available in: Français
The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) has just announced to international students the opening of applications for its Masters scholarships program for the academic year 2022-2023.
The KTH scholarships covers the full tuition fees of a one or two year master’s program. The scholarship program emphasizes academic excellence and sustainable development, encouraging students to contribute to a more sustainable society.
The Royal Institute of Technology, abbreviated KTH, is a public research university in Stockholm, Sweden. The institute conducts research and teaching activities in the field of engineering and technology and is the largest technical university in Sweden.
Many prominent alumni have attended KTH, including Immanuel Nobel, Gustaf Larson (co-founder of VOLVO), Niklas Zennström, co-founder of Skype,Daniel Ek (started Spotify), and Ivar Jacobson (inventor of the Unified Modeling Language UML).
Getting a place in a master’s program at KTH is very competitive. Every year, 25,000 students from all over the world apply for master’s studies at KTH. You can, therefore, imagine the “ferocity” of the competition for its masters scholarships.
About the KTH scholarships in Sweden
DEADLINE : January 17, 2022.
LEVEL : Master.
FUNDING : Fee waiver ($23,000 / year)
TARGET GROUP : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : Sweden.
Amount of the KTH scholarships
KTH scholarships cover the tuition fees ($23,000/year) for the first and second year, provided the student’s performance in the first year is satisfactory.
To be eligible for KTH scholarships in Sweden, you must be:
- A non-Swedish student,
- Have applied for a master program at KTH as your first choice (see below for details).
Eligible master’s programs
All KTH master’s programs are eligible for scholarships, except Erasmus Mundus, EIT Digital, EIT InnoEnergy and EIT Urban Mobility.
KTH offers more than 60 master’s programs taught in English. Sixteen of the programs are taught jointly with other leading universities.
- Architectural Lighting Design (One year)
- Civil and Architectural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Real Estate and Construction Management
- Sustainable Technology
- Sustainable Urban Planning and Design
- Transport and Geoinformation Technology
- Transport, Mobility and Innovation (Joint EIT Urban Mobility)
Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health:
- Chemical Engineering for Energy and Environment
- Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology
- Innovative Technology for Healthy Living (Joint EIT Health)
- Macromolecular Materials
- Medical Biotechnology
- Medical Engineering
- Molecular Science and Engineering
- Molecular Techniques in Life Science (Joint)
- Polymer Technology (Joint Nordic Five Tech)
- Sports Technology
- Technology, Work and Health
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science :
- Communication Systems
- Computer Science
- Electric Power Engineering
- Electromagnetics, Fusion and Space Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Energy for Smart Cities (Joint EIT InnoEnergy)
- ICT Innovation
- ICT Innovation (Joint EIT Digital)
- Information and Network Engineering
- Interactive Media Technology
- Machine Learning
- Nuclear Energy (Joint EIT InnoEnergy)
- Renewable Energy (Joint EIT InnoEnergy)
- Security and Cloud Computing (Joint Erasmus+)
- Smart Electrical Networks and Systems (Joint EIT InnoEnergy)
- Software Engineering of Distributed Systems
- Systems, Control and Robotics
Industrial Engineering and Management :
- Decentralized Smart Energy Systems (Joint Erasmus+)
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Materials Science
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (One year)
- Environomital Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems (Joint EIT InnoEnergy)
- Industrial Management
- Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (Joint Nordic Five Tech)
- Integrated Product Design
- Production Engineering and Management
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
- Sustainable Production Development
Engineering Sciences :
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Computer Simulations for Science and Engineering (Joint)
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Physics
- Mathematics (Joint)
- Naval Architecture
- Nuclear Energy Engineering
- Railway Engineering
- Vehicle Engineering
Vous pouvez consulter cette liste sur ce le site officiel de KTH : Catalogue des programmes de master à KTH
Selection criteria for KTH scholarships
The scholarship is awarded primarily based on academic excellence. The selection process is undertaken in parallel with the admission process. Only applicants who meet the admission requirements of the program applied for are eligible for a scholarship:
- The applicant’s grades (GPA or equivalent).
- The ranking of the applicant’s home university that awarded the degree.
- The applicant’s motivation, relevant work experience and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant’s motivation, how he/she will contribute to the goals of sustainable development with a master’s degree from KTH.
How to apply for KTH scholarship?
To apply for the KTH scholarships, you must take the following steps:
1. Choose your programs.
Explore KTH’s 60 master’s programs and find one or more that match your interests. On the program pages, you’ll find detailed information about each program: courses, career opportunities, focus on sustainability, and interviews with students and graduates.
2. View the admission requirements for your programs.
You can find the admission requirements for the programs you wish to apply to on the program pages. There are general and program-specific requirements. Because the number of spots for each program is limited and admission is very competitive, it is essential to meet the admission requirements. If you feel you have the knowledge to meet the requirements, you are ready to begin your application.
3. Apply to one or more master’s programs by January 17, 2022.
You must apply via “UniversityAdmissions.se“, the Swedish national application system. Create an account and select your programs. You can select up to four programs and rank them in your order of priority.
4. Apply for the KTH scholarships by January 17, 2022.
Fill out the KTH scholarship application form.
5. Submit your required documents by February 1ᵉʳ, 2022.
Submit all required documents to your application via universityadmissions.se by February 1ᵉʳ. Required documents may differ from country to country.
Required documents for each program are listed on the entry requirements page.
The deadline to apply online through the universityadmissions.se portal is January 17, 2022.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more opportunities.
To apply, we advise you to follow the order shown on the buttons:
1—Browse master programs at KTH 2—Apply to one or more master programs 3—Apply for a KTH scholarship Official website