This post is also available in: Français
The Archimedes Institute of the University of Aix-Marseille offers Masters and Doctorate scholarships for talented students. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
LEVEL : Master, Doctorate
FINANCING : Complete
OPEN : All nationalities
HOST COUNTRY : France
UNIVERSITY : University of Aix-Marseille
ESTABLISHMENT : Archimedes Institute
The following Master’s courses are associated with the Archimedes Institute. Most of the courses are taught in French. To find out if your diploma gives you the right to access a specific master’s degree, please consult the relevant program page. Access to these programs is at M2 level:
Master in Mathematics and Applications (MAAP) :
- Fundamental Mathematics,
- Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics,
- Applied Mathematics CEPS.
Master in Applied Mathematics, Statistics (MAS) :
- Applied Mathematics and Social Sciences – Population Analysis (MASS POP),
- Mathematical Engineering and Actuarial Sciences (IMSA),
- Data Science (DS),
- Computational and Mathematical Biology (CMB).
Computer science Master :
- IT reliability and security (FSI),
- Geometry and Computer Graphics (GIG),
- Computing and Discrete Mathematics (IMD),
- Software and Data Engineering (DLI),
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (IAAA).
Master in Electronics, Electrical Energy, Automation :
- EEEA systems.
Master in Signal and Image Processing :
- Images, models and vision (Medical students can integrate this master).
The Archimedes Institute offers doctoral scholarships in the following themes:
- Analysis, modeling, optimization,
- Statistics, signal processing, machine learning,
- Dynamic systems, geometry, probabilities,
- Algorithmic, logic, number theory.
For the master’s component, the scholarships are open to all students holding a bachelor’s degree in mathematics or computer science, Electronics, Electrical, Automation and Physics and who will complete the first year of their master’s degree during the 2020-2021 academic year. The selection will be made according to the academic results obtained.
For the doctoral component, the scholarships are open to all students holding a master’s degree. Candidates are invited to contact the thesis directors in the themes that would interest them, via the above websites.
- Theoretical Physics Center
- Fresnel Institute
- Institute of Mathematics of Marseille
- Computer Science and Systems Laboratory
Benefits of Aix-Marseille University scholarships
Master: The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Its amount is € 1,000 per month, up to a limit of € 10,000 per year. The Archimedes Institute can also cover travel expenses for foreign students (one-way ticket, economy class, departing from the country of origin, up to a limit of € 1,000).
Doctorate: The funding is valid for doctoral students for 1 to 3 years of study in Marseille. The net monthly salary is approximately € 1,421.
How to apply ?
Students residing in one of the following countries applying for a scholarship must, in addition to the online form, complete an application file on the Campus France website and follow the CEF procedure in order to be able to study at a French university.
Students from other countries can apply directly to the master. Applications should be submitted through the online form
Required documents, to be uploaded on the site:
- Curriculum Vitae, (to be compiled in a single document in .pdf or .zip format) summary (max. 2 pages) of the course and academic results of the last 4 years, information about the level of mastery of the French language.
- Diplomas, transcripts, etc
- A cover letter, effecting among other things:
- your scientific interests how your academic background and your internships meet the criteria of the master’s program in which you wish to enroll
- your plans for the future
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from the person in charge of the master’s degree you are currently following), which must be sent directly to us by the authors by email to [email protected]
List of CEF countries: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, United States United, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan , Chad, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey and Vietnam.
The following documents should be sent to
[email protected] (with the laboratory director in copy) in 1 single file in pdf format titled in the name of the candidate →
Name.pdf (ATTENTION: no accents in the title of the file please).
Applications should include:
- The thesis project (maximum two pages), including the title, the name of the director and the host laboratory,
- The candidate’s CV, (max. 2 pages)
- Master 2 certificate, M1 and M2 transcript (if available)
- A cover letter (commitment to the doctoral program, choice of thesis subject)
Applications must be completed before
March 31, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Paris time for masters, and
May 10, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Paris time for doctorates. The candidates selected by the preselection will be informed on
June 9 and contacted for an interview (telephone or video) on
June 14 and 15 (doctorate). Candidates selected for the masters will be contacted from
For more information, please visit the official website.