This post is also available in: Français
The government of Mexico, through its Ministry of Foreign Affairs, invites foreigners interested in studying in Mexico, at the levels of Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate and postdoctoral research to participate in the “Call for Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2022”.
More than 180 countries are eligible for this scholarships program, and more than 70 Mexican higher education institutions are participating.
Mexico is considered one of the most affordable places for students to study abroad, thanks to the lower cost of a higher standard of living. In the QS Best Cities for Students 2022, Mexico City and Monterrey appear in the top 100 overall rankings as well as in the top 20 most affordable cities.
According to the QS Universities Rankings, thirteen Mexican universities are ranked in the TOP 1000 universities in the world, three of which are in the top 500. The highest ranked Mexican university is the National Autonomous University of Mexico, which is ranked 104 in the world.
The opportunity briefly
DEADLINE: July 24, 2022.
LEVEL: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, Post-doctoral, Research.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS: All fields taught in Mexico.
FUNDING: Fully funded
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES: 180 countries.
HOST COUNTRY: Mexico.
Eligibility for the Mexican government scholarships
Selection of candidates are made without any distinction based on ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, social status, health status, religion, sexual opinion or preference, marital status, or any other situation and/or condition that violates human dignity and is intended to nullify or impair the rights and freedoms of persons, and shall be subject to the following criteria:
- Submission of all required documents.
- Academic excellence.
- Preference will be given to studies in social welfare, science and technology, sports, tourism, culture and education, humanitarian aid.
Amount and advantages of the scholarship
Successful candidates for the Mexican government scholarship program will have the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend worth $588 for undergraduate, master’s and master’s level research stay. For doctoral level and postdoctoral research stays, medical specialties and subspecialties, the stipend amount is $740.
- Exemption from registration fees.
- Health insurance.
- Exemption from the cost of issuing a Mexican visa.
- Coverage of international and national air and ground transportation costs.
- Undergraduate: 24 months maximum
- Master’s degree: 24 months maximum
- PhD: 36 months maximum
- Research stays at the Master’s and Post-doctoral research: 12 months maximum (minimum 1 month).
- Medical specialties and subspecialties: 36 months maximum
- High medical specialty courses: 12 months maximum.
|Online applications||Until July 24, 2022.|
|Application Review and Evaluation||From July 25 to August 12, 2022.|
|Notification of award results to selected candidates||Between August 15 and 23, 2022.|
|Administrative support for selected candidates (Visa, registration, air ticket…)||Beginning September 1ᵉʳ, 2022 and ending before December 6, 2022.|
How do I apply for a Mexican government scholarship?
Applications for Mexican government scholarships will be received electronically through the University Cooperation Management System (SIGCA) (https://sigca.sre.gob.mx).
Application Registration must be in Spanish.
The Mexican government provides the following e-mail address for requests and questions related to this call for applications: [email protected].
List of important documents :
- ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS (ANNEX 1)
- ELIGIBLE INSTITUTIONS (ANNEX 2)
- INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORTATION (ANNEX 3)
- ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES (ANNEX 4)
- FORM (ANNEX 5)
- LETTER OF RETURN TO THE COUNTRY (ANNEX 6)
- LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THE CALL (ANNEX 7)
- TRUTH LETTER (ANNEX 8)
- HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE (ANNEX 9)
- APPLICANT’S MANUAL (ANNEX 10)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE :