NEDC Scholarships Program for Nigerians
- DEADLINE : OPEN
- LEVEL : Bachelor, Master, PhD
- FINANCING : Full sponsorship
The North-East Development Commission (NEDC) via its Education Endowment Fund (EEF) is now accepting applications for the NEDC scholarships program.
The NEDC Governing Board approved the establishment of an Education Endowment Fund (EEF) with an initial sum of NGN6,000,000,000.00 (six billion naira) for operationalizing the Fund. The EEF is intended to address the poor human development indices, high illiteracy rate and high poverty levels of the North-East, as documented in many national and international records, as well government- and non-governmental reports.
The NEDC scholarships & grants program is one of the Funds’ interventions in the region. Thousands of young people are disenfranchised from the society due to the financial inability to secure any form of education. This has over the years led to dismal socioeconomic indices of the region. The Fund is anxious to address these gaps by providing funding and access to formal and informal education opportunities. Especially for orphans, the girl child and other less privileged children.
NEDC Scholarships advantages
- NEDC Bachelor’s degree scholarship – full sponsorship of candidates from each of the six States in the North East. The candidates should be trained in relevant programs in Universities located in Nigeria.
- NEDC Master’s degree scholarship – training of candidates in each state of the North East Region for a two-year period. The beneficiaries can be trained in demand-driven programs in Nigeria or overseas.
- Doctorate degree scholarship – sponsorship of candidates from each State of the North East States over a three-year period. The beneficiaries can be trained in topical areas in reputable Universities in Nigeria and overseas.
To be eligible for the NEDC scholarship and grant, you must :
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Must be an indigene of one of the North-Eastern states (ie Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba or Yobe) of Nigeria.
- Must be a current or prospective student (with an admission letter) of a higher education institution (ie HND Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD) from any discipline.
- For NEDC Bachelor’s degree scholarship, a ratio of 60:40 for male to female may be considered in selecting beneficiaries.
How to apply for the NEDC scholarships?
To apply for the NEDC scholarships, follow these steps :
- Go to the NEDC application portal : https://apply.nedceef.gov.ng/applicant/signup and register an account.
- Login to your account and complete the form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit your application.
For any inquiries, please contact : [email protected]
READ ALSO :
Entrance Scholarships in Canada Public Universities
20 fully funded scholarships in Canada for foreign students
Qatar University Scholarship for International Students
KAIST Scholarship for Foreign Students