This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the New Zealand Government Scholarships are now being accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year. You can submit your application anytime between 01 February 2023 and 28 February 2023.
The New Zealand government is making 650 scholarships available to interested applicants to pursue studies at bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral or medical degree level. A diverse range of academic fields are offered: science and engineering, medicine, arts, law, economics and management, social sciences, technology, environment and many other fields. All expenses will be covered.
About the New Zealand Scholarships
LEVEL: Bachelor, Master, PhD, Doctor of Medicine.
DEADLINE: from 01 to 28 February 2023.
NUMBER: 650 scholarships.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
OPEN: specific countries.
COUNTRY: New Zealand.
The New Zealand Scholarship is available in 130 countries. Five scholarships will be awarded to each country.
Available Levels of studies
- Undergraduate degree (3 to 4 years).
- Graduate Certificate (six months). A graduate certificate provides students with advanced skills in a specific area of specialization.
- Graduate Diploma (one year). In the New Zealand system, this is usually the first year of a two-year master’s degree.
- Master (1 à 2 ans)
- PhD (3.5 years). 10% of scholarships awarded will be for doctoral studies.
The New Zealand Government Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship:
- Full tuition fees.
- Allowance of 491 New Zealand dollars per week (292 euros).
- An establishment allowance of 3,000 New Zealand dollars (1,785 euros). This is to help with the costs of settling in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for accommodation costs, textbooks or other study materials.
- Medical insurance.
- Plane tickets to and from your home country. The scholarships cover one or two trips to your home country per year, depending on the length of your scholarship.
- Travel insurance.
- Support for research and thesis costs for postgraduate students.
Students from the following countries are allowed to apply:
African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Swaziland, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asian countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
Caribbean countries: Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname.
Latin American countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela.
Commonwealth Countries: Due to COVID-19, there are no postgraduate scholarships available for the Commonwealth for the 2023 selection round.
There are eleven accredited educational institutions at which New Zealand scholars can study: eight universities and three institutes of technology.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology
To apply for a New Zealand scholarship, you must meet all the eligibility criteria. You can complete this questionnaire to confirm whether you can apply or not. The eligibility questionnaire will check in detail if you meet all the eligibility criteria such as:
- In which country do you hold citizenship?
How long have you lived in your home country?
What is your work experience?
You are expected to complete the eligibility questionnaire before applying for a scholarship.
How to apply for a New Zealand scholarship?
To apply for a New Zealand Scholarship, submit your application at this link by February 28, 2023 : https://scholarship.force.com/Scholar/s/.
The Selection 2023 application portal will open at midnight on the 1 February 2023 and close at midday on the 28 February 2023. Applications are for study in 2024 and will be accepted from scholars in eligible countries across the Pacific, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
READ ALSO :