This post is also available in: Français
The Paris Mathematical Sciences Foundation, France, offers international students one or two-year PGSM master’s scholarships in computer science or mathematics.
The foundation brings together around ten mathematical science laboratories and research organizations and more than 1,200 researchers, including 5 Fields medalists, 17 Academicians, 120 national and international award winners.
Unique in its discipline by its dimension and its scientific potential, it constitutes the largest concentration of mathematicians in the world and covers the entire spectrum of pure and applied mathematics, as well as fundamental computer science.
The selected laureates thus integrate the masters in mathematical sciences or fundamental computer science from one of the following universities or research centers:
- University of Paris,
- University of Sorbonne Paris Nord,
- University Sorbonne,
- University of Paris 1 – Panthéon-Sorbonne
- University of Paris-Dauphine
- École Normale Supérieure (ENS)
- Collège de France
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS),
About PGSM Master scholarships
DEADLINE : from November 7, 2022 to February 9, 2023.
LEVEL : Master.
OPEN TO : All nationalities.
FINANCING : Fully Funded.
COUNTRY : France.
The laureates will receive a scholarship of 1100 euros per month maximum : €600/month + €500/month for a housing benefit (upon justification only)
The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris will take care also of their social security coverage and their university registration fees.
For foreign students, the Foundation reserves a room at the CROUS in Paris and reimburses the cost of one return ticket per year from their country of origin to Paris (based on an economy fare only).
Laureates for M1 studies will receive a 12-month scholarship. The extension of the scholarship for a second year is subject to the successful completion of the first year exams and the jury’s approval.
The Foundation provides support to students and promotes their integration into Parisian life. It helps them with their administrative procedures, such as their enrollment at university, their visa application or medical care.
List of eligible masters
Click here to find out which Masters are eligible for this call for applications.
This call for applications is open to students:
- Having taken their courses in universities outside France, regardless their nationalities.
- Have completed a 3rd year of a bachelor’s degree or a 1st year of a master’s degree in mathematics or fundamental computer science.
The entire form (the “APPLY “button below) must have been completed before the deadline of 9th of February 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (Paris time) for the application to be valid.
The granting of the scholarship starts on September 1. Students in the program must be present from September 1 of the academic year to benefit from intensive French courses and to be ready for the various administrative procedures.
Online results will be late May and mid-June.
Application Procedure for the PGSM Scholarships
Application for the master’s program AND the scholarship are made via a single online form. No further procedures required.
Documents to be attached to the application
- Cover letter.
- Transcripts and Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s transcripts and diploma (if applicable).
- Letter (s) of recommendation (s).
Candidates are invited to provide in their application all the elements of comparison (ranking, ranks in the competition, ranking in national or international competitions, etc.) which would make it possible to determine the level of their application. These elements must be supported by official documents.
It’s worth mentioning that:
- If your master is not in the drop-down list of the registration form, leave this field empty and specify your choices in your cover letter.
- If there are not all the M2 specialization choices, leave this field blank and specify your choices in your cover letter.
- If you have not received a confirmation email, then check your “junk mail”, your registration may not have been considered, you made a typo in your email. If you are unable to determine the source of the problem, contact them.
- Your application validation did not work, have you been redirected to the beginning of the form or a blank page? We suggest you use Chrome or Safari web browser.
In case of issue, please contact the foundation on [email protected].