This post is also available in: Français
The Faculty of Science of the University of KU Leuven has just announced the opening of applications for the [email protected] scholarship program. Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are accepted until February 15, 2023.
KU Leuven (or the Catholic University of Leuven) is a Belgian Dutch-speaking public university headquartered in Leuven. It is one of the most important Belgian universities and is regularly cited as one of the fifty best universities in the world. With 21,338 employees and 58,987 students, it is the largest Dutch-speaking university, Flanders and the Netherlands combined.
In the annual Times Higher Education (THE) ranking, KU Leuven achieved an excellent result. The University maintains its 42nd place and continues to be the highest-ranked university in Belgium. Regarding industry revenue, the University even ranks 19th in the world.
About [email protected] program
DEADLINE : February 15, 2023.
LEVEL : Master.
OPEN TO : All nationalities.
FINANCING : Fully funded.
Amount of the scholarship
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10,000 euros for one year. The board of the [email protected] fund will decide exactly on the amount of a grant. The scholarship will still cover tuition fees for 1 year, insurance, and basic health coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses may vary.
The scholarship for the second year of the master will only be continued on the condition that the student has obtained exceptional results in the first year of the master.
Applicants for the [email protected] must meet and demonstrate the following requirements:
- Have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a non-Belgian university.
- Have not yet obtained a master’s or doctorate.
- Can demonstrate excellent study results during their previous training.
- Can demonstrate a very good knowledge of English (TOEFL (minimum internet-based score 94 with at least 19 for reading, 18 for listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 in overall, while at least 6.5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
- Show a strong motivation to follow a master program at the Faculty of Science of KU Leuven,
- Are willing to act as program ambassadors.
Which master programs are eligible?
You can apply for the [email protected] scholarship with the following programs:
If you are interested in other master programs in Belgium, apply to VLIR-UOS Scholarships.
Application procedure for the [email protected] program
First, you must apply for one of the aforementioned masters program via the KU Leuven application tool.
When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s program, you will receive an on-screen message indicating that you have successfully submitted the application. Take a screenshot of this message. You will need to upload the screenshot when registering for the [email protected] scholarship. If you were unable to take a screenshot of this message, you can upload any another screenshot showing that your application has been submitted.
Only applications submitted through the KU Leuven application tool and registered on the scholarship website by February 15, 2023 will be considered. At the beginning of May, students will be notified of their status.