- DEADLINE : 28 may 2021
- LEVEL : Master
- NUMBER : 50 awards
- FINANCING : Partially
- OPEN : Specific countries
- COUNTRY : Scotland
This post is also available in: Français
The Scotland’s Government is now accepting applications for the Scotland Government Scholarships 2021. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a program of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Scotland Government Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
What Can I Study ?
Scotland Government Master’s Scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as an excellent destination for academic learning and are targeted at the priority sectors of :
1. SCIENCE :
- Earth Sciences
- Weather and Climate
2. TECHNOLOGY :
3. CREATIVE INDUSTRIES :
- Communications, Media and Culture
- New Media Studies
- Computer Games / Computer Arts
4. HEALTHCARE AND MEDICAL SCIENCES :
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
5. CLEAN AND RENEWABLE ENERGY :
- Sustainable Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Biomass / Bio fuels
- Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power
The scholarships are now available to those studying online from home (DISTANCE LEARNING FROM HOME).
Amount and numbers of Scotland Government Scholarships
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000 ($11 204) towards the annual international tuition fee of successful applicants. Any other living expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Level of study the scholarships available for
The Scotland Government Scholarships are available for one year of a postgraduate Masters course at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
In order to be eligible for a Scotland Government’s Master’s Scholarships, candidates must :
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, USA, India, Japan, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received Scotland Government’s Master’s Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2021.
Besides these conditions, applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- A willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
How to apply
First and before your application for the scholarships can be considered, you need to apply for a master course at any Scottish university and get an unconditional or conditional offer. You can find the list of Scottish universities here.
Then, you have to apply for the Scotland Government Scholarships (the “APPLY” button below). At the time of writing of this post, the application form is not yet available to the public. Please check this page, or the official website, later for updates.
For any questions, you should contact the university to which you are applying. You can also email the Saltire ScholarshipOFFICIAL WEBSITE APPLY (UNAVAILABLE AT THIS MOMENT)