- DEADLINE: October 17, 2022, to January 16, 2023
This post is also available in: Français
The Swedish government, through the Swedish Institute (SI), has announced the opening of applications for its scholarship program for the academic year 2023-2024.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships are funded by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It represents a unique opportunity to develop yourself professionally and academically, to discover Swedish society and culture and to build a lasting relationship with Sweden and with the other scholarship holders.
The Swedish Institute is a public agency that builds interest and trust in Sweden around the world. Its goal is the promotion of Sweden, cooperation in the Baltic Sea region and global development. SI’s operations are financed mainly through appropriations directly through the state budget.
With the Swedish Government SI Scholarship, you can choose from around 600 English-taught master’s programs starting in the fall semester 2023.
SI Scholarship Summary
DEADLINE: apply for a master’s degree from October 17, 2022, to January 16, 2023 (compulsory step) then from February 10-28, 2023 apply for the scholarship.
FUNDING: Fully funded.
TARGET GROUP: 42 nationalities (see list below).
HOST COUNTRY: Sweden.
Benefits of Swedish Government Scholarships
The Swedish Government SI Scholarship is for one-year or two-year full-time master’s degree programs. During their studies, scholars will receive:
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly stipend of 11,000 SEK ($980) to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Travel allowance: This is a one-time payment between $980 and $1336 depending on your country of origin.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
To be eligible for the Swedish Government SI Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the following eligible countries, however, it is not necessary to reside there at the time of application: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
- Professional experience and leadership: you must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of professional experience. In addition, you must provide proof of leadership experience acquired through your current or previous employment or involvement in civil society.
The master programs you are applying for must be eligible for the Swedish Government SI Scholarships (about 600 programs): Download the list (available from 1 November 2022).
How to apply?
Applying for a master’s program and the SI scholarship are two separate procedures. Applying for a master’s program is mandatory.
To participate, be sure to follow these steps:
1. Enroll in a master’s program
Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by January 16, 2023.
Once you have submitted your application for one or more master’s programs on universityadmissions.se, you will receive a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Keep this number, as you will need it later for your scholarship application.
2. Apply for the Swedish Government SI Scholarship
After completing your application for a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship.
Submit the required documents digitally via the online application portal. The portal will be open from February 10 00:01 to February 28, 2023 14:59 CET.
You should submit only one scholarship application, regardless of the number of master’s programs you have applied for on universityadmissions.se. You can apply for a scholarship for up to four eligible master’s programs. Your application should include only one of each required document, regardless of the number of master’s programs you have applied to.
3. University Admissions Notifications
On March 30, 2023, at the latest, you will receive your notification of selection results from University Admissions. The Swedish Institute will receive admissions results, including your personal information, directly from University Admissions.
4. Final Evaluation and Announcement of SI Fellows
The proclamation of the results concerning the scholarship will be from March 31, 2023, to April 27, 2023.
Be sure to read all the information in the official website, prepare your documents, and submit your application for an eligible master’s program.
READ ALSO :