- DEADLINE : 1 April 2021
- LEVEL : Ph.D
- OPEN : All nationalities
- COUNTRY : Switzerland
- UNIVERSITY : EPFL
This post is also available in: Français
Applications for “EPFLglobaLeaders” doctoral scholarships from the École Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne, Switzerland (EPFL) are now open.
EPFLglobaLeaders is a new doctoral scholarship program that funds early career researchers to become leaders in the transition to sustainable societies. 48 doctoral students will benefit from a multifaceted training program, including secondment to the non-university sector.
EPFLglobaLeaders is a new and innovative PhD scholarship program, which aims to attract outstanding PhD students from around the world to EPFL looking to – and with potential to become leaders in the transition to sustainable societies. The program is designed to:
- Increase their knowledge and awareness of pressing societal issues at the start of their doctoral studies;
- Increase their capacity to offer innovative responses to global challenges;
- Prepare them to take on leadership roles in private companies, academic research institutes, or non-profit organizations committed to creating a sustainable society.
About the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne Switzerland
EPFL is one of the most dynamic campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities in the world. Its mission is to provide world-class education, foster cutting-edge research and promote cutting-edge technological innovation.
The following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Citizens of any nationality can apply.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent).
- Applicants must be junior researchers (ESR); by the time they sign their employment contract, they must not have carried out more than four years of full-time research and must not have obtained a doctorate.
- The Applicants must not have resided or exercised their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months during the 3 years immediately preceding the deadline for the call.
The Doctoral School supervises 21 doctoral programs covering all of EPFL’s research fields. Each program is responsible for recruiting doctoral students, organizing their supervision and monitoring their progress. Doctoral programs also organize an offer of advanced level courses and create a community based in their scientific field:
- Advanced manufacturing.
- Architecture and city sciences.
- Biotechnology and bioengineering.
- Computational and quantitative biology.
- Civil and environmental engineering.
- Chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Digital humanities.
- Electrical engineering.
- Computer and Communication Sciences.
- Microsystems and microelectronics.
- Molecular life sciences.
- Technology management.
- Materials Science and Engineering.
- Robotics, control and intelligent systems.
How to apply
The application procedure for the doctoral scholarships of the École Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne in Switzerland is integrated into the selection process of the EPFL doctoral school. Therefore, applicants to the EPFLglobaLeaders program must first follow the same process as all applicants for a doctorate at EPFL and refer to the application guidelines provided by the doctoral program they have selected.
Each doctoral program has its own application deadline; therefore, applicants should check the relevant program webpage for detailed information as well as timeline overview. But to be considered for the EPFLglobaLeaders program, applicants must submit their application before the program application deadline (April 15, 2021, 5:00 p.m. CET).