This post is also available in: Français
Two months separate us of the call for applications for one of the most anticipated scholarship programs in the whole world, and especially us, the students from French-speaking countries: the Eiffel excellence scholarships from the French government.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarships Program was created by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to allow French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to enroll in their master and doctorate programs.
The Eiffel Program is reserved for non-French nationals.
Its objectives are (1) to train future foreign decision-makers in the private and public spheres in priority fields of study and (2) to attract candidates from developing countries at the level of French masters and candidates from developing countries and industrialized to French doctoral programs.
Here’s what you should know before the program launches in September 2021 .
What are the eligible fields of study?
Eiffel scholarships are available in four main areas:
- Economics and management,
- Engineering at master’s level and sciences more broadly at doctoral level (engineer, but also mathematics, physics, chemistry, life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, space sciences, environmental sciences , and information and communication sciences and technologies),
- Political science.
What levels of study are available?
Three levels of study are eligible:
- and the doctorate.
What are the advantages of Eiffel excellence scholarships?
Eiffel scholarships consist of a monthly allowance of € 1,181 (master) or € 1,400 (doctorate). In addition, the following benefits are offered:
- International air travel.
- Train trips in France.
- Local transport.
- Health insurance.
- Cultural activities.
How to apply for the Eiffel scholarships?
This is the most important question. The application procedures for the Eiffel scholarships are a bit tricky.
Indeed, the applications are not made on a single portal, but rather they are scattered on the websites of the universities. Each university has its own application window and required document.
If you are interested in this scholarship, you should spot your master’s or doctoral program right now. Perhaps you are asking yourself the question, “but where and how can I find a program compatible with my training?”. Do not worry, using the French national masters portal trouvermonmaster.gouv.fr, you can find the master’s degree that suits you. You can even get an idea about its study plan.
Once the competition is available, our team will inform you about each specific procedures of the Eiffel scholarships for ALL French universities.
What are the required documents?
For the master section, generally, the documents you will be asked for are:
- A cover letter,
- A curriculum vitae,
- A copy of the transcripts since entry into Higher Education,
- Your ranking from the previous year at your home institution. This is a mandatory document . As this scholarship is an excellence scholarship, the jury needs to know the student’s ranking within his class. If your university does not systematically issue this document, you must ask the person in charge of your training to make a signed certificate mentioning your classification.
- A letter of recommendation.
For the doctorate component, the documents you will be asked to do are:
- A presentation of the thesis project and the progress of research, written in French or in English,
- Certificate of co-supervision / co-supervision of the thesis,
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Copy of transcripts since entry into Higher Education,
- Academic ranking of the previous year (compulsory). If your university does not systematically issue this document, you must ask the person in charge of your training to make a signed certificate mentioning your classification.
- Letter of recommendation.
These documents are generally sent either by an electronic form or by email (it all depends on the university), but never by post.
When will the Eiffel program be open?
- Opening of the call for applications: week of September 28, 2021.
- Deadline for submission by establishments of application files to Campus France: January 8, 2022
- Announcement of results: April 2022
But beware, French universities have the right to open and close the call anytime between September 25, 2021 and January 8, 2022.
Subscribe to our push notifications or newsletter to not miss anything about the Eiffel scholarships program.