This post is also available in: Français
The Umeå University, in Sweden, is currently offering scholarships for talented students from outside the European Economic Area. These scholarships come in the form of full or partial exemptions from tuition fees, along with a monthly allowance. The application deadline is January 15, 2024.
The University of Umeå, a public institution dedicated to research and education, is located in northern Sweden. Established in 1965, it is among the country’s newest universities. Despite its youth, the University of Umeå has emerged as one of the preeminent educational and research institutions in Sweden and Northern Europe.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024.
Funding: Various funding schemes.
Target Group: Non-European students.
Masters Offered at Umeå
The University of Umeå offers a wide range of one-year (M1) and two-year (M2) master’s programs, all taught in English. Check this link (https://www.umu.se/en/education/search/masters-degrees/) for up-to-date information on offered programs and admission requirements.
Benefits of the University of Umeå Scholarship
The University of Umeå offers three scholarship programs:
- University of Umeå International Student Scholarship: Selected candidates receive full or partial tuition fee waivers.
- Erling-Persson Scholarship for International Students in Public Health: sponsored by the Erling-Persson Foundation. Eight new non-European international students will be awarded this scholarship, including a full tuition fee waiver and a monthly allowance of 3,000 Swedish crowns (293 US dollars).
- Design by Umeå Scholarships for International Students: Funding offered in collaboration with the municipality of Umeå. Selected candidates receive full or partial tuition fee waivers.
Consideration for the aforementioned scholarship programs is automatic, but applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- Have completed the master’s program application by the January 15, 2024 deadline.
- Have the University of Umeå program as the **first choice** on the university admissions website.
Selections for the three scholarship programs are based on the academic merit of the candidate.
When submitting a complete master’s program application, you will automatically receive an email with instructions for applying for a scholarship. Only applicants who have selected a University of Umeå program as their first choice are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
To submit your application to a master’s program at the University of Umeå, follow these steps:
- Choose the program: Select the master’s program that matches your interests and field of study. Ensure you check the specific admission conditions for the chosen program, including academic requirements, language skills, and other criteria.
- Create an Account : Create an account on the Swedish national university admissions website.
- Fill out the Application Form: Reconnect to the Swedish national university admissions website and complete the application form. Ensure that the University of Umeå program is your first choice on the admission platform.
- Submit your documents: After submitting your application, the next step is to submit documents to demonstrate your eligibility for the courses and programs you have applied to.
- Application Fee: Pay the application fee, if applicable, following the provided instructions.
- Receipt of Scholarship Instructions:If admitted to a master’s program, you will receive email instructions regarding one of the scholarships.
The application deadline for master’s programs at the University of Umeå is January 15, 2024. The deadline for submitting required documents is February 1, 2024. Admission results will be published on March 21, 2024.
For any questions, you can contact the University of Umeå here: https://www.umu.se/en/contact-us/.