This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the University of Birmingham‘s Global Masters Scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year are now open.
In a statement made public a few days ago, the University of Birmingham announced that it will offer new Global Masters scholarships for international students valued at £ 10,000 per year. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is June 30, 2022 at 23:59 (British time / GMT + 1).
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. The student population consists of 22,940 undergraduates and 12,505 postgraduates. The University of Birmingham is ranked 90 in the QS world university rankings. The University of Birmingham’s acceptance rate is 13.54%.
About University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship
DEADLINE: June 30, 2022.
FUNDING: £10,000 ($13,150).
NUMBER: 30 scholarships.
TARGET GROUP: Specific.
HOST COUNTRY: United Kingdom.
UNIVERSITY: University of Birmingham.
University of Birmingham Scholarship Benefits
selected applicants for the University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship will receive approximately £10,000 GBP (€11,840). These funds will be deducted from the total tuition fees due by each successful scholarship recipient. The tuition fee in the non-scholarship case is £9,250.
To apply for the Global Masters Scholarship at the University of Birmingham, candidates must meet the following requirements :
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
The University of Birmingham considers a UK first class degree to be equivalent to the following grading systems in the US, India, Nigeria, and China:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system.
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system.
- 85% grade awarded by a top-tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University.
The University of Birmingham Global Scholarships are open to citizens and permanent residents of the following countries: Algeria, Canada, China (PRC), Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong (PRC SAR), India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Seychelles, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Eligible Masters Programs
All master’s programs are eligible for this scholarship, except for Birmingham Business School programs. The University offers more than 600 master’s degrees in five colleges: College of Arts and Law, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences, College of Social Sciences.
Find a complete list of the University of Birmingham’s master’s degrees here.
Application procedure to the Global Masters Scholarship
Applicants interested in this scholarship must follow steps below:
- First: Choose a program you wish to apply to. You will be redirected to an application specifically designed for that program. You can then create an account and submit your application and supporting documents online.
- Second: Once you have applied for a master’s degree and received an acceptance decision, apply to the University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship program.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A photocopy of your passport or other document proving your nationality.
- A copy of your last diploma and transcripts.
- Copy of English language proficiency certificate (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Any other documents specifically requested by the program you have chosen.
Successful applicants will be formally notified by email by July 31, 2022. The scholarship, applied as a tuition reduction, will be awarded upon registration of successful applicants in September 2022.
The deadline to apply to the University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarship is June 30, 2022. If you have further questions about, please see their frequently asked questions or contact them at this link.
READ ALSO :