University of Montreal Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarships Program
This post is also available in: Français
Would you like to apply to the University of Montreal International Scholarship Program in Canada? Last year, the University of Montreal introduced a new Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship Program for international students who intend to undertake undergraduate studies ( bachelor or license), second cycle (master or master) and third cycle (doctorate) at the University of Montreal in Canada.
The good news is that the University of Montreal will maintain this program for this year as well.
The objective of this program is to help the best talents from around the world to attend one of the best French-speaking research universities in the world. In turn, these international students will contribute to fulfilling our educational mission by enriching the cultural diversity of the university community of Montreal.
The UdeM exemption scholarship program is designed to support international applicants in their university studies.
Eligibility for the UdeM scholarships program
The University of Montreal Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarships Program is dedicated to international students who:
- Are foreign students.
- Are neither permanent residents nor Canadian citizens.
- Hold – or will hold – a study permit
- Be enrolled full-time in a study program throughout their schooling.
- Will not benefit from any other form of tuition fee exemption through any other policy or measure.
Benefits of University of Montreal scholarships
Undergraduate component : The excellence of your academic record is the only evaluation criterion to determine the value of the scholarship. Depending on the quality of your file, you may belong to one of the following three levels.
- Category A: $11,998 per year equivalent to €7,660;
- Category B: $5,718 per year equivalent to €3,650;
- Category C: $2,000 per year equivalent to €1,276;
Second cycle (master) component : $9,420 per year, equivalent to €6,000.
Third cycle (doctorate) component : $19,339 (€12,340) per year.
Study programs available at the University of Montreal
Below is a list of the fields of study available at the University of Montreal. Click on the name of a domain to find the complete list of available bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees:
- ARTS AND MUSIC
- ECONOMY AND POLICY
- EDUCATION AND EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
- ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- LETTERS AND LANGUAGES
- PREPARATION FOR UNIVERSITY STUDIES
- INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAMS
- SCIENCES OF ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- HEALTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- HUMAN SCIENCES
- PURE AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES : INTERVENTION
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
- THEOLOGY AND SCIENCES OF RELIGIONS
UdeM scholarships application procedures
1. Submit an application for admission to a program of your choice
To get your application and admission process off to a good start, explore Compass , an interactive checklist which guides you through the required steps. Before completing the application form, be sure to meet the application deadlines and check the admission requirements for the study programs that interest you.
2. Follow your file and receive an offer of admission
A few days after submitting your admission application, you will receive your access codes to the “Student Center”. This is the platform where you can track your application and receive your letter of offer of acceptance.
3. Accept the offer of admission to trigger the evaluation of the amount offered
You do not have to apply for the UdeM exemption grant. The files of new candidates will be evaluated to determine their eligibility and the amount of their exemption scholarship.
4. Receive the award notice indicating the amount awarded
After receiving your offer of admission, the University of Montreal will inform you as soon as possible, by email, of the amount of the scholarship to which you are entitled. Print and keep this document in a safe place. It will be useful for future reference.
For any questions related to this scholarship, please email [email protected] (bachelor) or [email protected] (master and PhD).
The deadline to apply for the winter semester 2023-2024is September 1, 2022.
APPLY OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK