This post is also available in: Français
The University of Paris is organizing a competition for the award of doctoral contracts intended for candidates with an international background. Up to sixteen contracts will be awarded under this framework for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Particular attention is paid to the recruitment procedure which must be transparent, open and based on merit.
The University of Paris program in brief
LEVEL : Doctorate.
DEADLINE : April 9, 2021.
FINANCING : Partial.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS : 16.
ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES : All nationalities.
HOST COUNTRY : France.
HOST UNIVERSITY : University of Paris.
Benefits of doctoral scholarships from the University of Paris
scholarship holders will have the following specificities:
- Duration of 36 months,
- Funding approximately 20% higher than usual salary,
- Specific support and monitoring of doctoral students,
- Stay of at least two months in a laboratory outside France or in a non-academic partner (company, association, administration, etc.) with appropriate local supervision (ideally joint thesis supervision).
- Commitment of doctoral students to follow the training specific to the project that will be organized (estimated volume 4 to 5 days / year) and of their thesis supervisor to allow them to participate.
- Provision of a sum of at least € 1,000 by the host team to allow mobility of doctoral students (4IMPACT will allocate additional funding of € 2,500).
- The candidate has never stayed in France or has spent less than twelve months in France during the three years preceding the selection;
- Candidates must hold a diploma which allows access to doctoral studies in France (Master’s degree or any other equivalent degree) at the time of recruitment;
- No previous registration for a doctorate;
- Obtaining the thesis access diploma less than 4 years before the start of the project.
- March 15, 2021 : publication of topics on the site https: //4impact.u-paris .emundus.io /
- March 15 – April 9, 2021 : application phase open on the site https: // 4impact .u-paris.emundus.io /
- From April 10, 2021 : review of files by EDs. For each subject, a maximum of 3 applications may be sent on Monday, May 10, 2021;
- 25 May 2021 : an external jury examines the files and classifies the candidates;
- June 2, 2021 : the COPIL IdEx validates the list of selected candidates;
- June 7, 2021 : publication of the results;
- October 2021 : welcome of the laureates and start of theses.
|Project title||Doctoral School||Main host structure|
|Cross-cultural neuropsychological assessment of social cognition||Cognition, Behaviors, Human Behaviors||Institute of Psychology, University of Paris|
|Towards Efficient Catalytic Photo- and Electro-chemical Benzene Carbonylation with Group IX Metal Complexes||Physical chemistry and analytical chemistry of Paris center||Laboratory of Molecular Electrochemistry, University of Paris|
|Functionalization and evaluation of antioxidant cerium oxide nanoparticles for stroke treatment||Medicines, Toxicology, Chemistry, Imaging||INSERM|
|Exploring the neural basis of multisensory control of head direction activity||Brain, Cognition, Behavior||Université de Paris, Integrative Neuroscience and Cognition Center|
|Deciphering the pathogenicity of new genetic variants identified in the RHO GTPases pathways at the origin of severe immunological defects in humans||Bio Sorbonne Paris Cité||Institut Cochin, Inserm, Université de Paris|
|RNA-based Synthetic membraneless organelles in bacteria: Characterization and deployment in metabolic engineering||Frontières de l’Innovation en Rercherche et Education||INSERM|
|Chemical composition of secondary organic aerosol from biogenic and anthropogenic precursors||Sciences de l’environnement d’Île-de-France||Laboratoire Interuniversitaire des Systèmes Atmosphériques (LISA), Université de Paris|
|Meaning-based approach to locality constraints : empirical and theoretical perspectives||Sciences du langage||Laboratoire de linguistique formelle, Université de Paris|
|Just-in-time adaptive interventions for the care of chronically ill patients||ED Pierre Louis de Santé Publique à Paris||INSERM|
|Lineage-specific signaling and targeting of PI3K gamma in myeloid malignancies.||Hématologie, Oncogénèse et Biothérapies||INSERM|
|Aux origines du populisme. Une enquête de socio-histoire comparative, globale et connectée||Sciences des sociétés||Laboratoire du changement social et politique (LCSP)|
|Property testing, quantum computing and their connection||Sciences Mathématiques de Paris-Centre||IRIF|
Self-organization and morphogenesis of active mixtures
|Physique en Ile de France|
|Étude de l’atmosphère de Jupiter avec les premières données du télescope spatial JWSTStudy of Jupiter’s atmosphere with the first data from the JWST space telescope||Astronomie et Astrophysique d’Île-de-France||Laboratoire d’études spatiales et d’instrumentation en astrophysique|
|The first epochs of structure formation||Sciences de la Terre et de l’environnement et Physique de l’Univers||Astroparticule et Cosmologie laboratory|
|Air Quality Policy in the Global South Cities: Public Health Knowledge in Building Effective Governance||Savoir, Sciences, Education||CNRS-INSERM- EHESS|
The scoring grid will be as follows:
- Academic background (50%) : grades and academic background (in particular ranking as well as any prices);
- Research experience (20%) : previous research experience, publications and / or communications;
- Professional experience excluding research (20%) ;
- International mobility (10%) : mobility prior to bachelor’s or master’s level.
Depending on the marks obtained, up to three candidates will be auditioned by videoconference by a jury.