This post is also available in: Français
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree program in 2021-2022 is officially open. Submit your applications before November 19, 2021.
A dual PhD is a training project allowing a doctoral student to carry out his research / study work while being jointly supervised.
- Have validated a Master or engineer level training (or will validate a Master or engineer level training before the closing date of this call).
- Be registered (or will be registered before the closing date of this call) in the 1st year of a doctorate at a foreign university.
Advantages of a dual PhD at University of Paris
The joint thesis supervision at the University of Paris allows the doctoral student to:
- The opportunity to be awarded a PhD degree from a French university and one or several foreign institutions according to the standard duration of a thesis
- The expertise of 2 PhD directors within 2 different research teams
- A single defense
- Obtain two internationally recognized diplomas: A doctoral degree from the University of Paris and that of their home institution.
- More career opportunities
- Additional skills
- An international experience contributing to student’s personal and academic backgrounds
Funding your project
Three words: The Eiffel scholarships .
The Eiffel scholarships of the French government have two components : master’s and doctorate. Eiffel’s scholarships in the doctoral section are available in the form of “Dual PhD program”. Only candidates with joint thesis supervision offers are eligible.
If you plan to participate in the Eiffel scholarships 2021 in its doctoral program and the University of Paris will be one of your possible choices, then you must participate in this call for application. Once the Eiffel scholarships are available (September 2021), you only have to send some administrative documents.
If you have no idea about the French government’s Eiffel scholarship program, this article may help: The Eiffel scholarships : things to know!
Duration of a joint supervision
An international dual PhD degree takes 3 years (full time). However, it is possible to include a 4th year when signing the dual PhD degree agreement under the approval of the College of the doctoral school. The PhD degree cannot exceed 6 years.
Opening of the call for applications: June 14, 2021.
Deadline for submitting applications: November 19, 2021.
All information concerning the application is available here.
The list of the 21 doctoral schools as well as the emails of their directors are available here.