- DEADLINE: November 2, 2021.
- LEVEL : PhD
- FINANCING : 50,000$/year for 3 years
- OPEN TO : All nationalities
- COUNTRY : Canada
This post is also available in: Français
The Vanier Canada Scholarship program is designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students. Vanier Canada scholarships supports those who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high level of academic achievement.
Named in honor of Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first French-speaking Governor General of Canada, the scholarship program of Graduate Studies of Vanier Canada (Vanier CGS) helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
The Vanier Canada scholarships are dedicated to fund doctoral studies in Canada.
Benefits of the Vanier Canada scholarships
The scholarships are worth $50,000 per year, each for three years.
Up to 166 scholarships will be awarded.[irp posts=”6794″ name=”Scholarships to finance your studies in France, 2022-2023″]
Eligibility for Vanier Canada scholarships
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and citizens of foreign countries may be nominated for a Vanier Canada scholarships.
- You are entering your first doctoral program.
- You intend to conduct full-time graduate study and research at the doctoral level at the applying institution.
- You have obtained a first class average: A- or 3.67 GPA
Eligible fields of study
The following areas are eligible:
- Natural sciences;
- Social sciences;
Below is the list of eligible Canadian establishments:
- Dalhousie University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Queen’s University
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Montreal
- University of Sherbrooke
- University of Quebec in Montreal
- Laval University
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Manitoba
- University of Ottawa
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Toronto
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- York University
The quota differs from one university to another. Consult this link to get an idea about the number of places available per university.
Applicants must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota they wish to study:
- If you are interested in this scholarship, you should apply for a doctoral program at one of the eligible institutions. Once accepted, you must ask the latter to nominate you to this scholarship program.
- If you are already admitted to a doctoral program at one of the institutions mentioned above, then you must inform your institution of your intention to apply to the Canada Vanier program.
To apply for a doctoral program, simply visit the official website of the institution of choice and consult its catalog of programs.
Applicants cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Scholarship Program.