This post is also available in: Français
Wageningen University, also called WUR, located in the Netherlands, offers scholarships worth €19,600 per year to outstanding international students wishing to pursue a master’s program. Applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. after completing their master’s degree at Wageningen.
Founded in 1876, Wageningen University is a public research institution that hosts approximately 12,000 students and employs 8,000 staff members. Nestled in the city of Wageningen, at the heart of the Dutch region known as the ‘Food Valley,’ this university is renowned for its specialization in life sciences, with a particular focus on agriculture, technology, and engineering.
WUR has consistently been ranked among the top 150 universities in the world by four major university rankings. Wageningen has been voted the top university in the Netherlands for seventeen consecutive years. According to the Times Higher Education ranking, the university has been the best in the world for agriculture and forestry from 2016 to 2020. It is widely recognized as the most prestigious agricultural research institution globally.
About WUR Scholarships
DEADLINE : February 1st, 2024.
LEVEL : Master.
FINANCING : Tuition fee waiver (valued at 19,600 euros)
OPEN TO : All nationalities, except EU.
HOST COUNTRY: Netherlands.
Benefits of Wageningen University’s scholarship
The benefits of Wageningen University’s scholarship include:
- Financial Support: The WU&R scholarship is provided in the form of tuition fee coverage for international students, amounting to €19,600 per year for two years.
- Budget for one seminar in Europe : a separate budget to cover expenses for one seminar in Europe, including travel, accommodation, and registration fees.
- Pathway to a Ph.D: Applicants are encouraged to pursue a Ph.D. after completing their master’s degree at Wageningen, allowing them to further their academic and research ambitions.
- Prestigious Institution: Wageningen University is a renowned institution with a strong reputation, particularly in the fields of agriculture, technology, and engineering. Being associated with such a prestigious university enhances a student’s academic and career prospects.
- Access to cutting-edge research and academic resources: Wageningen University’s specialization in life sciences offers students access to cutting-edge research and academic resources.
To be eligible for Wageningen University’s scholarship in the Netherlands, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- Have submitted an application for enrollment in one of the Master’s (MSc) programs offered by Wageningen University before February 1, 2024.
- Have achieved a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 80% or higher when obtaining your Bachelor’s degree (BSc).
Available Masters at Wageningen University
Wageningen University offers a diverse range of master’s programs covering various fields. All of these master’s programs are eligible for this scholarship. For more information about the available programs, their descriptions, admission criteria, and requirements, please visit the following link: wur.nl/master/msc-programmes.
How to apply for the Wageningen University Scholarship?
To apply for Wageningen University’s scholarship, please carefully follow the steps below:
- Create an account and submit your application for a master’s program at Wageningen University through Studielink. Studielink is a centralized application management system in the Netherlands.
- Upload your required documents to the Osiris application portal of Wageningen University. You will find a link to this portal in the confirmation email you receive after submitting your application.
- In March 2024, students admitted to a master’s program will be automatically assessed for the scholarship.
- On April 16, 2024, if you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive an invitation to participate in the selection process via email.
- On May 13, 2024, the results of the selection process will be communicated to all applicants who have submitted their applications.
If you have any questions regarding a master’s program, the application procedure at Wageningen University, or any other inquiries, please contact the Study Information Office at [email protected].