The 2024 MITACS Globalink Research Internship call is now open! Students must submit applications by September 21, 2023, 1 p.m. PT.
MITACS Globalink Research Internship is a highly competitive initiative that seeks to attract talented international undergraduates students to Canada. From May to October of each year, top-ranked applicants participate in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering, and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are currently available at over 70 universities across Canada. For more information, please refer to this list of academic partners.
What a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship offers you
- A 12-week internship that increases your knowledge of and explores hands-on research in your field of study
- Work under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, with graduate students and research associates
- Access to Canada’s unique research landscape.
- A rewarding experience combining academic research at a Canadian university, professional skills development courses and social activities
- A chance for you to explore your independence and gain international experience in a new country
- The opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
Applicants for the MITACS Globalink Research Internship In Canada must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of fall 2024 (see requirement by country)
- Meet the grade requirements for their country of study (see GPA requirements for each international partner)
- Apply to a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
- Be fluent in the oral and written language of the project (English and/or French)
- Be available to complete an internship lasting 12 consecutive weeks between May 1 and October 31
- Not have been awarded a Globalink Research Internship project in the past
How to apply to the Globalink Research Internship In Canada?
To apply to the Globalink Research Internship In Canada, fill out this form : https://globalink.mitacs.ca/#/student/application/welcome
For further questions or inquiries, visit our Frequently Asked Questions tab or contact [email protected].