This post is also available in: Français
The University of Western Brittany (UBO, better known as the University of Brest) is implementing an incoming mobility scholarship program for the 2022-2023 academic year. This call concerns any doctoral student registered in training at the strange r wishing to carry out a research project at the UBO.
Mercredi May 26, 2021 at midnight.
Duration of mobility
12 days minimum (excluding travel) and 3 months maximum .
The research project must be carried out in a discipline covered by the doctoral schools of the University of Western Brittany and must be accepted jointly by the original Research Unit of the doctoral student and by a host Research Unit which is undertakes to ensure the scientific reception of the candidate.
List of eligible doctoral schools
Before applying, the candidate must get in touch with the director of one of these doctoral schools:
- Doctoral School of Marine and Coastal Sciences (SML)
- Doctoral School of Engineering Sciences (SPI)
- Doctoral School Arts Letters Languages (ALL)
- Doctoral School Societies, Time, Territories (STT)
- Doctoral School of Law and Political Science (DSP)
- Doctoral School of Economics and Management Sciences (EDGE)
- Doctoral School Education, Languages, Interactions, Cognition (ELICC)
- Doctoral School Biology Health (BS)
- Doctoral School Materials Molecules Materials (3M)
- Doctoral School Ecology, Geosciences, Agronomy Food (EGAAL)
- Doctoral School Maths STIC
The email list of directors of doctoral schools can be found below.
Amount of the scholarship
The amount of the scholarship is made up of:
- A flat-rate contribution to mobility costs: 800 euros per month.
- And a flat-rate contribution to travel costs:
- 500 euros for Europe and North Africa
- 800 euros for the rest of the world
The application file includes:
- The ‘incoming mobility‘ application form duly completed and signed by the candidate,
- A detailed CV of the candidate (work, involvement in research programs, funding of the thesis, etc.),
- A duly signed motivation letter from the candidate.
- A presentation of the mobility project, its implication in the candidate’s thesis (one to two pages maximum written in French)
- A letter from the Director of the hosting Research Unit specifying the quality of the reception of the doctoral student,
- a letter from the Director of the host Research Unit (UBO) and / or the Supervisor specifying the quality of the doctoral student’s welcome
- The balanced budget of the mobility project (expenditure / income) (to be drawn up with the help of the Director of the host institution)
- The bilateral or hosting agreement (if it exists).
Tall files (1 hard copy and 1 electronic copy) must be sent to the Direction Europe et International : UBO – Direction Europe et International Mobilité Doctorant 3 rue des archives – CS 93837, 29238 Brest Cedex 3 [email protected]
Where to find information
From the Doctoral Schools (follow the links in the list of doctoral schools section) or from the Europe and International Department DCI of the University of Western Brittany:[email protected]
List of doctoral schools contacts
- École Doctorale Sciences de la Mer et du Littoral (SML)
- École Doctorale Sciences pour l’Ingénieur (SPI)
- École Doctorale Arts Lettres Langues (ALL)
- École Doctorale Sociétés, Temps, Territoires (STT)
- École Doctorale Droit et Science politique (DSP)
- École Doctorale Sciences Économiques et sciences de Gestion (EDGE)
- École Doctorale Éducation, Langages, Interactions, Cognition (ELICC)
- École Doctorale Biologie Santé (BS)
- École Doctorale Matières Molécules Matériaux (3M)
- École Doctorale Écologie, Géosciences, Agronomie Alimentation (EGAAL)
- École Doctorale Maths STIC