This post is also available in: Français
The LabEx DynamiTe ( Territorial and spatial dynamics ) is launching its new recruitment campaign for doctoral contracts. At the end of this campaign, DynamiTe will fund 2 doctoral contracts of 3 years (2021 – 2024) which will start on September 1st or on September 1st October 2021.
The call is open to everyone, including foreign candidates who have completed their master’s degree in France or abroad.
The deadline for submitting applications is Sunday, May 9, 2021 included.
Candidates for a doctoral contract are invited to formulate a personal research proposal, in agreement with a thesis director of the LabEx DynamiTe, and whose theme must fall within one or more LabEx Working Groups.
Benefits of LabEx DynamiTe scholarships
Gross monthly salary: around €1,760.
The candidate will be exempt from the registration fees for a thesis at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- the scientific quality of the dossier (clarity of the problematic, originality of the research proposal);
- methodology and implementation (feasibility in 3 years);
- integration into the scientific themes of the LabEx and into the laboratory environment (Working Group (s), thesis supervision, laboratory).
All files must be sent by electronic form: http: //www.form-labex-dynamite.com/doc/fr/
Each research proposal will be evaluated in June 2021 by a multidisciplinary jury outside the LabEx teams.
After examination of the files, the candidates selected for a hearing before the jury will receive their invitation no later than one week before the date of their hearing (which will take place by videoconference on Thursday 8 or Friday 9 July 2021).
Candidates auditioned will be kept informed of the results from July 12, 2021.
At the end of the hearings, the jury will write a summary opinion of a few lines which can be sent to
Possible research areas
- Scientific issue 1 – “Heritage and transformation of territories”
- Scientific issue 2 – “Environmental changes and risks: impacts on biodiversity and societies”
- Scientific issue 3 – “Mobility, exchanges and migrations”
- Scientific issue 4 – “Methodological innovations and digital tools”
Methods of submitting projects / conditions
Candidates wishing to respond to this call for applications must imperatively contact a thesis director mentioned in the list of potential thesis supervisors before submitting their application.
Applicants will need to complete an online application package which will include:
- The research proposal (10 to 15 pages maximum, figures and bibliography included, in times 12; beyond that, the file will be considered inadmissible) specifying the theoretical basis, the problematic, the methodology as well as the feasibility in 3 years and the calendar. It should also mention the themes of the Working Group (s) in which it fits and the collaborations planned within the framework of the doctorate.
- A curriculum vitae ;
- the transcript of master 1 and that of the 1st semester of master 2
- a letter from the master’s supervisor attesting to the candidate’s forthcoming defense before August 31, 2021;
- a letter of commitment from the thesis director and, if applicable, the co-director, to supervise the doctorate in the event of the candidate’s success at the hearing;
- a certificate of acceptance from the heads of the Working Group (s) to integrate the candidate into the Working Group (s) (form available here) ;
- a reception certificate from the director of the LabEx partner host laboratory to welcome the candidate to the laboratory and to take charge of field missions and the purchase of any data (form available here ).
The letters of recommendation will not be taken into account and will not be sent to the evaluators.
For any questions, please contact the LabEx DynamiTe team at the following address:[email protected]