- DEADLINE: April 30, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
The E4D, “Engineering For Development”, scholarships program at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, ETH Zurich, is now open to international students and professionals for the 2023-2024 academic year. ETH is an internationally renowned technical university located in Zurich, Switzerland.
The main purpose of the E4D scholarships is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with a view to contributing to capacity building and poverty reduction in their home countries. They are funded by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
Twenty Nobel laureates have been professors or have studied at ETH.Wikipedia
About the E4D scholarships at ETH
LEVEL : MAS, DAS, CAS (continuing education).
DEADLINE : April 30, 2023.
FUNDING : Fully funded.
TARGET GROUP : See list below.
COUNTRY : Switzerland.
HOST INSTITUTION : Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich (ETH).
Amount of the E4D scholarships
The E4D scholarships at ETH Zurich cover the following expenses:
- Round trip economy ticket (max. CHF 2,000).
- Visa fees.
- Monthly stipend for the duration of the program: $2495 per month if the chosen program lasts more than three weeks, $870 per week if the program lasts less than three weeks.
To apply for this program, you must:
- Hold a master’s degree and a proof of at least two years of professional experience.
- A minimum English level of TOEFL C1.
- The scholarship is open to applicants from least developed, low-income and middle-income countries :
Eligible programs at ETHZ
E4D scholarships cover the following programs:
- Master of Advanced Studies (MAS).
- Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS).
- Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS).
Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) :
A MAS (Master of Advanced Studies) program lasts one year (two semesters) as a full-time program and two years (four semesters) as a part-time program. A MAS offers a minimum of 60 ECTS credits.
Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) :
A DAS (Diploma of Advanced Studies) is awarded at the end of a course of at least 250 hours of classroom training, plus several hours of personal work, an assessment of knowledge and, in most cases, a thesis. It offers between 30 and 59 ECTS credits.
Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) :
A CAS (Certificate of Advanced Studies) is awarded at the end of a course of at least 120 hours of classroom training, plus hours of personal work, an assessment of knowledge and, in some cases, a thesis. It offers between 10 and 29 ECTS credits.
How do I apply for an E4D scholarship?
The application process consists of two steps:
- Apply for an MAS, DAS or CAS program.
- Once admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS program, Apply to the E4D scholarships program.
Candidates applying to an MAS, DAS or CAS program will receive an answer 2 to 4 weeks after the submission of a complete application.
During your application, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- CV (max.2 pages).
- Master’s degree or diploma and transcripts.
- A 1-2 page cover letter stating your motivation for participating in the E4D program and its impact on your career development.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Official letter of admission to an MAS, DAS or CAS program.
- Work certificate. The work certificate letter should be sent to the E4D program office ([email protected]) directly through the employer (not by applicant).
The deadline to apply for the E4D scholarships at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, for the academic year 2023-2024 is April 30, 2023.