- DEADLINE: March 01, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
The British multinational GSK is offering three masters scholarships to support the training and development of the future health leaders. GSK scholarships are dedicated to nationals and residents of sub-Saharan African countries. Successful applicants will complete a one-year Masters program (M1 or M2) at the prestigious London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
The GSK employs more than 95,490 people in 116 countries. Its worldwide turnover in 2018 amounted to 34 billion euros, for an R&D (research and development) budget of 3.9 billion pounds. In 2013, Booz & Company ranked GlaxoSmithKline 17th among the twenty most innovative companies in the world. The company spent 6.3 billion in 2013 on R&D, or 15% of its turnover.
As for London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, it is consistently ranking highly in various global university league tables: #1 in the UK and #3 in the world for Public Health (ShanghaiRanking 2022), #2 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2022) and #1 in the world for tropical medicine (Centre for World University Rankings 2017).
DEADLINE: March 01, 2023.
LEVEL: Master (M1 or M2).
TARGET GROUP: Sub-Saharan African countries.
FUNDING: Tuition plus $23,950 for one year.
GSK Scholarship Amount
Three GSK Future Health Leaders scholarships are available for the 2023-2024 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees, including any field trip fees.
- A non-taxable allowance (living allowance) of GBP 19,500 ($23,950).
To be eligible for a GSK scholarship, applicants must:
- Be nationals and residents of sub-Saharan African countries.
- Have plans to return to their countries at the end of their Masters’ year at LSHTM.
- Can prove that they would otherwise not be able to pay for the proposed course of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form.
- Meet the minimum English language requirements of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Hold a first degree at a first or upper second class equivalency level.
- Hold an offer of admission for 2023-2024 for one of LSHTM’s intensive Master of Science study programs. If you do not have an offer, you can still apply.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application package) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Eligible study programs
The list of eligible master programs for the GSK Future Health Leaders scholarships is as follows :
- Climate Change & Planetary Health.
- Clinical Trials by Distance Learning.
- Control of Infectious Diseases.
- Demography & Health.
- Global Mental Health.
- Health Data Science.
- Health Policy, Planning & Financing.
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases.
- Medical Microbiology.
- Medical Parasitology.
- Medical Statistics.
- Nutrition for Global Health.
- One Health: Ecosystems, Humans and Animals.
- Public Health.
- Public Health for Development.
- Public Health for Eye Care.
- Reproductive & Sexual Health Research.
- Tropical Medicine & International Health.
- Veterinary Epidemiology.
How to apply for the GSK scholarship?
The application process for the GSK Future Health Leaders scholarship has two steps. To be considered for funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete the two steps outlined below by March 01, 2023:
STEP 1 : On the LSHTM website, submit an application for a Masters program.
STEP 2 : Submit an application for the GSK scholarship by selecting the option “2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders” during your application for the master’s program of your choice.
Successful applicants will be notified no later than May 26, 2023.
For any questions regarding the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact the LSHTM Scholarships Team : [email protected].
READ ALSO :