- DEADLINE: September 22, 2021.
- LEVEL : Master
- OPEN TO : Specific
- FINANCING : Fully Funded
- FINANCED BY : McCall MacBain Foundation
- UNIVERSITY : McGill, Canada
This post is also available in: Français
The application period for the prestigious McCall MacBain scholarships in Canada is currently open until August 24, 2023, for studies commencing in the fall or summer semester of 2024. This generous scholarship aims to support students aspiring to pursue their studies at McGill University, one of Canada’s leading institutions of higher education.
Through this scholarship, selected candidates will have the incredible opportunity to choose any master’s or professional program offered by McGill University, covering a wide range of academic and professional fields.
The McCall MacBain scholarship in Canada provides a unique and comprehensive opportunity for graduate studies. Beyond receiving full financial support, recipients benefit from personalized mentoring and access to a vibrant global network, enriching their interdisciplinary learning experience.
Beyond financial assistance, this scholarship offers a transformative global experience that fosters personal growth, the discovery of new cultures and perspectives, and the potential to create a positive impact in the world.
In the 19th edition of the QS World University Rankings, McGill University has earned the prestigious title of the best university in Canada. This ranking, conducted by renowned global analysts of higher education, places McGill at the 31st position among the world’s top universities.
This recognition speaks volumes about McGill’s academic excellence and international reputation. By ranking at the pinnacle of Canadian institutions, it reaffirms its commitment to providing high-quality education and cutting-edge research across a wide range of fields of study.
About the McCall MacBain scholarships
LEVEL: Master’s degree, vocational diploma.
DEADLINE : August 24, 2023 (international students) / September 21, 2022 (Canada and United States).
FINANCING: Fully funded.
OPEN TO : All nationalities.
UNIVERSITY : McGill University.
Benefits and Amount of the McCall MacBain Scholarship
The McCall MacBain scholarship program offers a total of nearly 130 scholarships, distributed as follows:
1/ 30 Full Scholarships:
20 are reserved for Canadian and American students, and 10 for international students. These scholarships will cover tuition fees for a master’s or professional degree program at McGill University, a monthly stipend of $2,000, and a one-time moving allowance to Montreal. During the summer, scholars can apply for a scholarship of up to $5,000 to participate in enriching summer experiences in Canada.
2/ 55 Finalist Scholarships:
30 scholarships for Canadian students and 25 for international students. Each scholarship has a value of $10,000 for Canadian students and $20,000 for international students.
3/ 45 Regional Scholarships:
30 scholarships for Canadian students and 15 for international students. Each scholarship has a value of $5,000 for Canadian students and $10,000 for international students. They are valid at any public university in Canada.
In addition to the financial benefits, the McCall MacBain scholarships also provide access to a wide range of workshops and discussions, mentors and advisors to guide you, as well as intensive training opportunities.
Eligibility for McCall MacBain Scholarships
In order to submit your application for the McCall MacBain scholarships, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are currently a student and intend to complete your bachelor’s degree before August 2024, OR you have completed your bachelor’s degree within the last five years (since January 2018), OR you obtained your bachelor’s degree more than five years ago and are 30 years old or younger in 2023.
- Intend to apply for full-time admission to a master’s or professional degree program at McGill University for the fall or summer semester of 2024.
Graduate certificates, executive master’s programs, PhDs, joint degree programs, qualifying-year studies, and programs that take place outside of Montreal are examples of programs not covered by the McCall MacBain Scholarships.
Eligible Master’s Degrees
The program is open to all master’s degree disciplines taught at McGill University. For example: MA (Arts), MArch (Architecture), MATL (Arts in Teaching and Learning), MBA (Business Administration), MEd (Education), MEng (Engineering), MISt (Information Studies), MM (Management), MMus (Music), MPP (Public Policy), MSc (Science), MScA (Science, Applied), MScAPT (Science, Applied in Physical Therapy), MScAOT (Science, Applied in Occupational Therapy), MSW (Social Work), MUP (Urban Planning), LLM (Law), STM (Sacred Theology).
Eligible Second-Entry Professional Undergraduate Degrees
How to apply for McCall MacBain Scholarships
To apply for the McCall MacBain scholarships in Canada, please follow these steps:
- Fill out a specific online application for the McCall MacBain scholarships (click the “apply” button below).
- Simultaneously, apply for admission to a master’s or professional degree program at McGill University.
- For the fall semester of 2024: from September 15, 2023, to January 15, 2024.
- For the summer semester of 2024: from May 15, 2024, to October 1, 2024.
During your application for the McCall MacBain scholarship, you will be required to upload the following documents:
- A one-page curriculum vitae.
- All transcripts (PDF files) from your university studies.
- Any evidence of community activities, extracurricular activities, or professional history.
- Short essays of 250 to 300 words each.
- Two completed reference forms before the application deadline.