This post is also available in: Français
The application campaign for the MISTRAL scholarship program in France for the academic year 2022/2023 is open. The deadline for receiving online applications is March 25, 2022.
The MISTRAL scholarship program is intended for foreign students with a very high level of academic achievement who are registered in a higher education institution abroad and who wish to continue their studies at the University of Avignon in order to obtain a Master’s degree.
The University of Avignon is a French multidisciplinary public university located in Avignon, Vaucluse, in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region. Created in 1303, it is one of the oldest French universities. Its teaching fields are humanities and social sciences, arts, literature and languages, law, economics and management as well as science, technology, and health.
About the MISTRAL scholarships
LEVEL: Master M1 and M2.
DEADLINE: March 25, 2022.
AMOUNT: Fee waiver + €6000.
OPEN TO: All nationalities.
COUNTRY : France.
REGION : Avignon.
INSTITUTION : University of Avignon.
Benefits of Mistral Scholarships
Mistral scholarships holders are exempted from paying tuition fees for registration in the Master program at Avignon University. The total amount of the Mistral scholarship is 6 000 euros for each year. It is awarded in three installments: €3000 after registration and arrival of the student at Avignon University, €2500 from February, and €500 from May.
Avignon University conditions the granting of Mistral scholarships to students whose applications meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled in a higher education institution abroad at the time of application.
- Have an excellent academic record and meet the academic and linguistic criteria set by the pedagogical team of the program concerned at the University of Avignon.
- You must not have interrupted your studies for more than one year.
- To apply for a Master 1 or 2 degree at Avignon University for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Not already residing in France.
- Be under the age of 28 as of October 1ᵉʳ, 2022.
- Never have applied for a Mistral Excellence Scholarships (except in the case of a renewal).
- Not to benefit from another scholarship for the course applied for. In the event of obtaining a scholarship besides the Mistral scholarship, the applicant must inform Avignon University as soon as possible and renounce the Mistral scholarship.
Masters available at the University of Avignon
Humanities and Social Sciences :
- Master’s Degree in Geographic Engineering – Geomatics and Territorial Projects (CMI)
- Master of Culture and Communication – Arts and Techniques of Audiences: Festival, Cinema, Media and Social Networks
- Master of Culture and Communication – Mediation, Museums, Heritage: Museocom (MMP)
- Master Geography – Geomatics and Territorial Projects
- Master History – Culture, Politics, Society
- Master History – Engineering in History and Multimedia (CMI)
- Master History – Heritage and Digital Cultures
Law, Economics, Management :
- MASTER OF LAW – LAW & DIGITAL
- Master of Law – Legal professions
- Master of Law – Notarial Law (M1)
- Master Innovation, Enterprise and Society – Data Governance
- Master International Management Sector – E-tourism and Tourism Project Management (Avignon, Worms)
- Master in Sector Management – International Trade & Intercultural Management
- Master in Sector Management – International Trade & Wine Tourism
- Master in Sector Management – E-tourism & Tourism Project Management
- Master of Social Sciences – Social Policy
- Master in Social Sciences – Social Policies & CAFERUIS
Arts and Languages :
- Master FLE – Didactics of FLE/FLS and Intercultural Education
- International Master Languages and Societies – FLE (Avignon, Milan)
- Master Languages and Societies – Contemporary Anglophone Theatre(s) and Cultures
- Master’s Degree in Languages and Societies – Contemporary Hispanic World: representations, theatres, transmissions
- Master’s Degree in Theatre and Heritage – Texts, Theories and Representations
- Master of Translation and Interpretation – Editorial Translation
Science, Technology, Health :
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering – Food Production Engineer (CMI)
- Master in Plant Production Engineering (CMI)
- Master’s Degree in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering (CMI)
- Master’s Degree in Plant Production Quality Management
- Master in Hydrogeology, Soil and Environment
- Master’s degree in Computer Science – Software Engineering for the Digital Society (ILSEN)
- Master in Computer Science – Artificial Intelligence (AI) track
- Master’s degree in Computer Science – Communicating Information Systems (SICOM)
- Master in Food Production Engineering (CMI)
- Master’s degree in Fruit and Vegetable Sector Engineering (I2FL)
- International Master in Agrosciences IMAS
- Master MEEF – Mathematics
- Master STAPS – Adapted Physical Activities for Health
Application procedure for Mistral scholarhips
Applicants from countries with a CEF procedure (see below) must first create a CEF electronic file and then apply for a Mistral scholarship. Applicants from other countries send their applications directly to Avignon University. Applications are made online and the required documents must be in digital format in a single PDF.
For CEF candidates, the applicant must contact the Campus France space in his/her country of origin: https://www.campusfrance.org/fr/espaces. He/she must indicate as first choice the Master’s degree of Avignon University for which he/she is applying for a Mistral scholarship.
List of countries with CEF procedure : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, the United States, and Vietnam
The application form as well as the CV and cover letter must be written in French. The other documents must be in French or, failing that, in English. The absence of a single document will result in the rejection of the application:
- Proof of current enrollment in a foreign higher education institution at the time of application (or the previous academic year for applicants who have been out of school for less than a year);
- Copies of all diplomas obtained since the end of high school;
- Copies of transcripts of grades obtained during higher education with a description of the grading system used in the country of origin;
- Proof of the candidate’s level of French (B2 level minimum);
- A letter of recommendation from a professor at the applicant’s home university;
- A letter of motivation from the candidate in French to join the chosen Master’s program at Avignon University, also specifying his/her professional project;
- An updated résumé in French;
- The completed, dated and signed MISTRAL application form;
- The CEF ID for students from countries covered by the Campus France procedure.
The deadline for receipt of applications for Mistral scholarships is March 25, 2022. Applications received after the deadline, incomplete, or sent in another form or by a different route than the one indicated above are inadmissible and will not be processed.
READ ALSO :