This post is also available in: Français
The Institutes for advanced studies (IAS) in Paris, Marseille, Montpellier and Nantes offer 28 scholarships of 10 months. The Lyon Institute of Advanced Studies is not concerned for this 2022-2023 call.
The call is open to all disciplines of the social and human sciences (SSH). Research projects from other sciences that offer a transversal dialogue with SSHs are also eligible.
Fellows will be free to organize their work and conduct their research as they see fit.
Benefits of FIAS scholarships
The program will offer selected candidates:
- An allowance of €2,700 per month,
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500,
- Working conditions: an individual office, special access and loan privileges in university research libraries, IT departments, several collective spaces,
- Two flexible contractual formulas: employment contracts or paid leave,
- Social coverage,
- Accommodation or moving support,
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the country of origin),
- Vocational training opportunities.
The positions available for the 2022-2023 academic year are 28:
Eligibility for FIAS scholarships
the scholarships will be awarded to outstanding researchers at all career levels, from postdoctoral fellows to senior scientists.
Researchers from all countries are eligible for the Program, but they must not have spent more than 12 months in France in the three years preceding the application deadline.
The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years research experience at the time of application. An exception will be made for academics with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the diploma (doctoral training will not be taken into account in the calculation of experience).
- June 1, 2021: opening of the application platform.
- July 6, 2021, 6:00 p.m. (Paris time, France): application deadline.
- July 2021: eligibility check.
- July-October 2021: double peer review.
- November 2021: pre-selection by the IEA Selection Committee (communication of the pre-selection results, December 2021).
- December 2021 – January 2022: selection of fellows by the Scientific Councils of the IEA and communication of the results.
Applications are made exclusively online via the FIAS website.
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Create your account on Fias-fp.eu, to do so, follow the following steps:
2. Once logged in, two new icons appear: (i) the link to your account, and (ii) the link to the application form.
3. Complete the application form and upload the necessary documents.
The requested application file (in English only) will include:
- The completed online application form,
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete list of publications,
- A copy of the diploma,
- A detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page),
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters),
- A letter of support / interest from a local scientific partner of the IAS (only for the IEA of Paris and Montpellier),
- Optional: up to two letters of recommendation.
For more information, please see:
- participating institutes: https://www.fias-fp.eu/about-us/the -institutes
- or send an e-mail to the program managers: [email protected]