This post is also available in: Français
The Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE) in partnership with the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI) is setting up a program to welcome young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France.
The research fellowship program for young researchers (MOPGA) promotes an integrated, systemic approach to human, animal and ecosystem health at local, national and global scales.
The research themes of the research fellowship program for young researchers for the year 2022-2023 : a transdisciplinary “One Health” approach.
May 10, 2021: Closing of the entry of applications.
Who is applying?
It is foreign researchers who have held a doctoral degree for less than 5 years who can apply for this call for projects. All nationalities are eligible except French nationality.
Particular attention will be paid to ensure a geographical diversity of the program laureates. As such, at least 7 scholarships will be reserved for young researchers from countries of sub-Saharan Africa :
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea- Bissao, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Saint Helena, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Eligible scientific scope
- Human health, virology, epidemiology,
- Animal health,
- Environmental health, ecosystem health at local, national and global scales.
- Climate change,
- erosion of biodiversity,
- proliferation of emerging diseases,
- Public policies,
- Global food insecurity and malnutrition
- Human and social sciences: agronomy, ecology, sociology, geography, etc.
How many scholarships?
40 scholarships will be awarded to the young researchers laureates over a period of 12 months from January 2022.
This scholarship awards the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros,
- Installation allowance of 500 euros,
- Social security coverage,
In accordance with the ambitions and requirements of the call for applications, the selection procedure will be carried out by an internationally recognized jury drawing on national scientific expertise.
Procedure for applying
Applicants must submit their research project online at the following link: https://campusfrance.smapply.io/prog/MOPGA4/ with the following parts:
- CV with list of publications (4 pages maximum),
- Copy of doctoral degree,
- CV of the French research director for the research stay (2 pages maximum),
- Letter of support from the French host laboratory,
- Letters of recommendation (3 maximum)
- Copy of passport or national identity document
It is the candidate’s responsibility to approach laboratories and research schools.