Are you a high school graduate who is passionate about STEM? The Schulich Leader Scholarship is your chance to pursue your dream of a STEM degree in Canada with a full scholarship worth $120,000! Moreover, there are 100 scholarships available.
The Schulich Leader Scholarships stand as the pinnacle of undergraduate STEM scholarships in Canada. Each year, one hundred (100) of these prestigious awards are granted to ambitious high school graduates who are poised to embark on their academic journey in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics at one of the 20 esteemed partner universities across Canada.
Among these scholarships, half are endowed with a remarkable value of $120,000, exclusively designated for those pursuing engineering degrees, while the other half, valued at $100,000, is reserved for bright minds entering science and mathematics programs. Any public or private high school in Canada has the privilege of nominating a graduating student to contend for this scholarship opportunity.
The Schulich Leader Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship, and only the best and brightest students are selected.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION : January 30, 2024.
STUDY LEVEL : Undergraduate.
FINANCING : $120,000 or $100,000 depends on the specialization.
OPEN TO : Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
What the Schulich leader scholarship offers?
Each year, 100 Schulich Leader Scholarships are awarded across 20 partner universities: half of them are valued at $120,000 and designated for students pursuing an engineering degree, while the other half, valued at $100,000, is designated for students pursuing a degree in science, technology, or mathematics.
Before each academic year, the universities distribute the funds to the students directly for that academic year. Engineering recipients receive $30,000 and Science, Technology, Math recipients receive $25,000.
In addition to this large financial award, selected candidates will join an elite network and benefit from student enrichment opportunities throughout the year.
Schulich leader scholarship requirements
All public and private high schools and cégeps located in Canada are eligible to nominate a student. Meanwhile, in Quebec, only high schools with students going directly to university can participate. High schools can nominate one candidate, Cégeps can nominate four.
To be eligible for nomination, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Graduating high school or cégep in Canada in the 2023/2024 academic year
- Plan to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of partner universities (see list below).
- Academic excellence (a minimum 90% average in your top six academic courses).
- Leadership, charisma, and creativity.
- Be entrepreneurial-minded and intend to pursue a career in one or more of the following focus areas: Technology, Engineering, Entrepreneurship and business enterprise, or Applied scientific research.
Strong consideration will be given to students with financial need.
The Schulich leader program does NOT consider students who:
- Focus on activism (environmental/political/societal).
- Intend to become a practicing physician and/or medical researcher (e.g. Doctor, Dentist, Nurse, Psychologist, Pharmacist, Optometrist, etc.).
- Intend to become a Professor and conduct theoretical research.
What universities participate in this program?
There are 20 partner universities across Canada. Click on the name of any university to see eligible study programs:
- University of Waterloo
- University of Toronto
- McMaster University
- McGill University
- Queen’s University
- Western University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- Dalhousie University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Victoria
- Simon Fraser University
- York University
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Manitoba
- University of Saskatchewan
- Memorial University
- University Montréal
- University Laval
Application process for Schulich scholarship
The application process to become a Schulich Leader and receive the scholarship is as follows:
- High schools and cégeps choose one student to serve as their Schulich Leader Nominee, with the possibility of cégeps selecting up to four Nominees. To determine your eligibility and request their nomination, we recommend initiating a conversation with your school administrator promptly. The deadline for schools to submit a Nominee is January 30, 2024.
- If you are nominated, you will receive an email from the Schulich Leader Program containing a link to your online scholarship application. The application must be submitted by February 20, 2024.
- Proceed to complete the Schulich Leader scholarship application.
- Partner universities will review all applications and select their scholarship recipients. The finalization of winners is expected to be completed by June 15, 2024. However, the universities may make offers to their desired Schulich Leaders before then.
The link to access the nomination form is only available upon request by the high school / cégep. To request the link email [email protected].
If you have any questions about this program, you can reah Schulich Leader Foundation via their social media profiles : Facebook and Twitter. Alternatively, you can use their contact form available on their website: https://schulichleaders.com/contact-us/
READ ALSO :