This post is also available in: Français
Türkiye’s scholarships, the country’s biggest scholarship program for international students, are now open for application for 2023. Applications for the year 2022 are open from January, 10th to February, 20, 2023, and submitted online.
Offered by the Presidency of Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB), the government-funded program covers university students and post-graduate researchers. Along with cash aid for students, it gives research opportunities to the applicants.
Türkiye scholarships offer full funding to study at bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate or research level at any Turkish university. The program not only offers funding to selected applicants, but also covers the process of preparation and placement in universities.
Each year, 150,000 applications are filed from different countries around the world.
About Türkiye scholarships
DEADLINE: January 10, 2023, to February 20, 2023.
LEVEL: Bachelor, Master, PhD, Research
FUNDING: Fully funded.
NUMBER: 5,000 scholarships.
TARGET GROUP: All nationalities.
FIELDS: All fields available in Turkish universities.
Benefits of Türkiye scholarships
Türkiye’s scholarships are fully funded, meaning that the selected applicants will benefit from:
- Placement in a university of choice.
- Monthly allowance: license: 1000 TL, master: 1400 TL, doctorate: 1800 TL.
- University’s tuition fee waiver.
- Turkish courses (one year).
- Health Insurance.
- Travel ticket home country-Turkiye-home country.
- Cultural activities.
- Internship opportunities.
Eligibility criteria for Türkiye scholarships
Students from all countries are encouraged to apply for the government of Türkiye scholarships. However, they must obey the following criteria:
- Be under the age of 21 for applicants in bachelor’s programs, under 30 for master’s programs, under 35 for the doctorate and under 45 for applicants in research programs.
- Graduates or will graduate before August 2023.
- Preferably, have basic knowledge of Turkish (beginner level). This is neither an eliminator nor a favorable condition.
- Minimum return of 70% for candidates to bachelor’s degree, 75% for candidates to master’s degree. For applicants to Health Sciences degrees (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) 90% is required.
How to apply for Türkiye scholarships?
Applications for Türkiye scholarships can be made online free. It is not necessary to submit a separate application for admission to a Turkish university.
Applications can be made in eight languages: Turkish, French, Arabic, English, Farsi, Russian, Bosnian, and Spanish.
When applying online, you’ll be asked for the following documents:
- A valid identity document.
- A valid passport.
- A recent ID photo.
- The result of the national exam (if applicable).
- The diploma or provisional certificate of the diploma.
- Academic transcripts.
- The results of the international exam (GRE, GMAT, etc. if required by the selected program).
- The results of the Turkish exam (if required by the selected program).
- A research proposal and an example of the work you have done in writing (only for doctoral applications).
- Application openings: January 10, 2023.
- Application deadline: February 20, 2023.
- Start of assessment process: February 2023.
- Start of interview period: March 2023.
- End of assessment process: May 2023.
- End of interview period: June 2023.
- Announcement of results: July 2023.
- Signing of stock exchange agreements and visa procedures begins: July 2023.
- End of the scholarship agreement and visa procedures: August 2023.
- New student trip to Türkiye: September 2023.
READ MORE :