This post is also available in: Français
Applications for the Chevening Scholarship 2023 to study in the UK are now open. The program offers a full financial support for scholars pursuing any master’s course at any UK university.
The Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious and highly competitive international scholarship program funded by the UK government. It offers outstanding individuals from around the world the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies at top universities in the United Kingdom. Chevening Scholars receive financial support, including tuition fees, living expenses, and other allowances.
In addition to the financial support, the program provides scholars a global network of influential professionals, an access to exclusive events, and a chance to immerse themselves in UK culture, fostering long-lasting connections and leadership development. Chevening Scholarship play a vital role in shaping future leaders, fostering international collaboration, and promoting positive change worldwide.
CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP 2023 OVERVIEW
DEADLINE : From September 12th, 2023 to November 7th, 2023.
LEVEL : Master.
OPEN TO : 160 countries.
FUNDING : Fully Funded.
DURATION : 2 years.
COUNTRY : UK.
To qualify for the Chevening Scholarship program in 2023, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the countries or territories eligible for the Chevening program (please refer to the list below).
- Return Commitment: After completing your award, you should commit to returning to your country of citizenship and residing there for a minimum of two years.
- Educational Background: You should possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from your home country.
- Work Experience: A minimum of two years of work experience, or at least 2,800 hours, is required.
- University Applications: Apply to at least three different master’s courses. By July 11, 2024, you should have received an unconditional offer from one of your selected courses.
The types of work experience considered eligible for the Chevening Scholarship program include:
- Full-time Employment: Any full-time job you’ve held.
- Part-time Employment: Part-time work experiences are also considered.
- Voluntary Work: Volunteering efforts that you’ve actively engaged in.
- Paid or Unpaid Internships: Whether you’ve participated in paid or unpaid internships, both.
The Chevening Scholarship program is fully inclusive and does not take into account your gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status, caste, class, or any other personal attributes. Your eligibility and opportunities are solely based on your qualifications and merit.
BENEFITS OF THE CHEVENING SCHOLRSHIP
The Chevening Scholarship offers a comprehensive set of benefits to its recipients, including:
- Tuition Fees: Your tuition fees for your chosen course are fully covered.
- Monthly Living Allowance: You’ll receive a monthly allowance to support your living expenses.
- Return Airfare: An economy class return airfare to the UK is provided.
- Additional Grants: There are additional grants and allowances to assist in covering essential expenditures.
ELIGIBLE MASTER’S COURSES
When picking your master’s courses for the Chevening Scholarship, you have the flexibility to select three different options. These can include three distinct courses at a single institution or three similar courses at up to three different universities.
Find the complete list of the 23,604 eligible master’s degree programs on postgrad.com.
CHEVENING ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
The Chevening Scholarship program extends its awards to scholars from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide. Download the complete list of eligible Chevening countries here (PDF).
HOW TO APPLY FOR CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIP ?
All Chevening applications must be submitted through the online application system (OAS). This system will be used throughout the application and selection process, and you may be asked to log back in at various points during the process to receive updates on your application status, or to submit documents.
Keep in mind, the scholarship application is separate from your application to your chosen master’s courses. You must, also, apply directly to the university offering the course you’re interested in.
With over twenty thousand master’s programs available in the UK, we recommend utilizing the Postgrad.com database to help you find the ideal program. On each program’s page, you’ll discover comprehensive information on the application process, including a direct link to apply for that specific program.
Please keep in mind that the deadline for receiving an unconditional offer from one of your course choices is July 11, 2024. Beyond this date, you will no longer be eligible for a Chevening scholarship, even if you receive an offer from a university.
The deadline to apply for the Chevening Scholarship 2023 is November 7th, 2023.